PDA

View Full Version : Rock Crusher Press

frank martinez
03-22-2012, 07:49 PM
Has anyone used the Rock CrusherPress for any of their swagging/I have an opportunity to start using one and plan to continue with the CH and BT dies. If you have one and have used it for reloading as well as swagging I would love to hear about it. Pro and Con.
Thanks
Frank

Ickisrulz
03-22-2012, 08:10 PM
http://www.ch4d.com/catalog/presses/RC000

The cost is $1326.00!

frank martinez
03-22-2012, 10:08 PM
Yeah, I saw that but no other info. I need some practical stuff.
No, I am not paying that price for sure. Since it handles the standard dies, I can use it for loading nitro, 50 cal and swage with it.
Frank

Reload3006
03-23-2012, 07:17 AM
Unless your planning on loading a lot of 50BMG , 20mm you would be spending less money if you bought a Corbin Mfg CSP2 Mega Mite .. and you would have a press made for swaging.

I have not put a hand on one of those monsters CH4D is selling I am pretty sure though that It would handle swaging just fine though. Still thats an Exorbitant amount to pay for a press to swage with

Bwana
03-23-2012, 01:11 PM
I have swaged .625" slugs,( FP, HP, TC, also shallow and long HB) with a RC.

runfiverun
03-23-2012, 04:04 PM
i use my rc press for swaging that's about all it does any more.
the rc-2 sees some swaging duties like core seating or point forming 22's which do not require much in the way of oomph in fact none or i wouldn't do it.
i use the hornady 0 frame for de-rimming and final sizing 22's.
the rc-2 and hornady handle most of my reloading chores too so they don't get anything that requires my leaning on the handle.

DukeInFlorida
03-23-2012, 07:02 PM
The RCBS Rock CHUCKER press makes more sense.

frank martinez
03-24-2012, 10:36 AM
I have been using my RC Supreme for pistol bullets without issue. I am moving to rifle sizes and large cartridge sizes as well and was wondering if I should not get the larger press. I have had a couple times when I started feeling the press strain even with heavy 444 bullets and especially when I try to swage alloy. I just don't want to break the press if I don't need to. I would also be using the press for loading Nitro cartridges which I do now on my RC.
The Crusher is substantially larger and would handle the larger bullets and harder alloy easily.
Frank

Reload3006
03-24-2012, 10:41 AM
I have been using my RC Supreme for pistol bullets without issue. I am moving to rifle sizes and large cartridge sizes as well and was wondering if I should not get the larger press. I have had a couple times when I started feeling the press strain even with heavy 444 bullets and especially when I try to swage alloy. I just don't want to break the press if I don't need to. I would also be using the press for loading Nitro cartridges which I do now on my RC.
The Crusher is substantially larger and would handle the larger bullets and harder alloy easily.
Frank

so will the walnut hill press for $430. If you just simply one one of CH4Ds presses its understandable. But for swaging there are better less expensive alternatives.