PDA

View Full Version : Ordering through SARCO........?

3006guns
03-21-2012, 11:53 AM
I'm not sure where to put this, so if it needs to be moved please do so.

I ordered some 1911 parts from SARCO via phone about a week ago. The young lady I spoke to seemed somewhat "distant" about everything, gave me no order number and couldn't give me a total amount. She sure got my credit card number fast though.......

I just called to check on my order status and another lady managed to find the order number (which I never got in the first place) and told me it would take two weeks TO SHIP THE ORDER. Not two weeks shipping time but two full weeks before it actually shipped! Her explanation was "Well, you know......it has to go to the warehouse and so on........"

I admit I haven't ordered from SARCO in many years so maybe I'm not familiar with modern business practices....but I'm not impressed. Has anyone else had this sort of thing happen?

tomme boy
03-21-2012, 12:52 PM
Normal for them.

blindeye
03-21-2012, 01:28 PM
Guess things haven't changed at all in 25years. Same experience back then. And then they shorted my order and refused to make good. That was enough for me.

3006guns
03-21-2012, 01:40 PM
Swell..........NOW I find out.

It's amazing with the size of their ads that their customer service isn't a little better. Of course I don't have any real reason to complain......yet. We'll give it some time and see what happens.

jcwit
03-21-2012, 01:46 PM
Funny, I've ordered from the a few times over the years and never had a problem, maybe not the fastest but exceptable.

lesharris
03-21-2012, 01:51 PM
My understanding SARCO has moved to Easton,Pa. Used to be in Stirling NJ.
Maybe the reason.
Sarco has always been slow on shipping.

jcwit
03-21-2012, 02:22 PM
SARCO I believe is owned and run by a company from Pakistan or India I will not order from them any more. because their service sucks. no doubt the same outfit that answers your phone calls on your computer anti virus repairs.

If you're going to make an accusation such as this support it with facts or links. Otherwise it is nothing more than your opinion which may be correct or totally wrong.

reloader45
03-21-2012, 02:22 PM
Maybe they could be improved if the owner were on "Undercover Boss"

OBIII
03-21-2012, 03:00 PM
I have ordered several times from Sarco, and while not the fastest or most responsive, I've been happy with my orders.

3006guns
03-21-2012, 03:58 PM
I'll hold off on any opinions until I see what happens, out of fairness. Like I said I really don't have a problem......yet. It just seemed their service was a little sloppy for an older and (I assume) respected gun parts business.

On the other hand, if I get good parts in a timely fashion I'll give them credit also.

shooter93
03-21-2012, 06:31 PM
I have never had a problem with them and yes....they are moving/moved to Pa. I can tell you...a friend who went there Sat was talking with them.....that the move is causing a lot of small logistic problems. It's a HUGE quanity of stuff to move and keep track of so that may be part of the cause in your delay in shipping.

3006guns
03-21-2012, 06:35 PM
Ah, O.K.! Thank you for the info. I understand completely and will be happy to cut them a lot of slack.

I can't imagine even BEGINNING to move that much stuff! Wonder what they'll come across during the transfer?

leftiye
03-21-2012, 08:01 PM
Maybe while they're moving - all of that stuff that is seemingly in one big pile in their "warehouse" can get found once and for all, and get organized. I must say though that if you are careful (pay attention!) they usually send you what you pay for. Blank castings etc. are usually UNFINISHED, you won't be able to finish them!

FISH4BUGS
03-22-2012, 12:45 PM
There is another board that centers around full auto stuff (www.subguns.com - great board for us machine gun shooters by the way) and SARCO is a standing joke with them. SARCO often has a ton of hard to find machine gun parts and parts kits.
I ordered a bunch of UZI magazines from them and chose to pay a little more for the "select" condition items. They came rusted, dinged, three of them didn't even work, two were rusted shut, etc.
If THAT is select condition, I would hate to see what "standard" condition is like!

JeffinNZ
03-22-2012, 07:30 PM
I have had two shipments of Carcano clips from them without any bother.

jcwit
03-22-2012, 11:42 PM
Sorry to upset you. you are so right. I will check it out and get back to you on it ASAP. thanks again GD

Upset? Not me.

Uncle R.
03-23-2012, 12:10 AM
If you're going to make an acquisition such as this support it with facts or links. Otherwise it is nothing more than your opinion which may be correct or totally wrong.

Gandydancer is gonna buy Sarco?
Where did you hear that?
Well - if he does at least they won't be owned by some company from Pakistan or India.

jcwit
03-23-2012, 12:16 AM
Well - if he does at least they won't be owned by some company from Pakistan or India.

Who has yet to prove that they are?

alamogunr
03-23-2012, 09:53 AM
Gandydancer is gonna buy Sarco?
Where did you hear that?

I wondered when someone would pick up on that("acquisition").

jcwit
03-23-2012, 10:19 AM
I wondered when someone would pick up on that("acquisition").

I get it now, spell check gave me the correct spelling and I picked the wrong word.:groner:

DAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well, life goes on. Probably not the first time someone has done this.

DCM
03-24-2012, 10:11 AM
I have ordered from Sarco in the past without a hitch, the stuff showed up faster than expected.

I ordered some 1911 parts from them on 2-25-12.
On 2-27 they sent me an email saying that the "order in warehouse".
On 3-18 I replied to that email asking if they could possibly ship the order that "is in warehouse".
On 3-19 they replied that they are waiting for some of the parts to come in! :confused:
So some of the parts are not "in warehouse"! :mad:
Now I am REALLY mad, I hate being lied to and do not see myself doing ANY future business with them!

daengmei
03-24-2012, 02:34 PM
I have made many orders with Sarco and always received complete orders. I never yet have had to complain about shipping times. We all are somewhat spoiled by the "same day shipping" that many internet dealers offer.

gandydancer
03-24-2012, 09:35 PM
I tried to buy they refused to sell.. oh well. I was so wrong on this one JCWIT called it said check it out before you open your mouth. Sarco was started by & still owned by Charlie Steen & wife and also the company I had trouble with was not Sarco. it was Sxxco. and I don't know who owns them nor do I care. I will make no more ACCUSATIONS again with out checking first. GD

jcwit
03-24-2012, 10:41 PM
Hey gandydancer we all make mistakes at times, I sure have in my 68 years. At least you maned up to it.

Have a Good One, Life goes on!

Best
jcwit

ErikO
03-26-2012, 04:33 PM
The key to Sarco, Inc is that their catalog is printed twice a month in the Shotgun Times and they might update their website at some point. They seem like an old-fashoned company that has not yet really been brought into the Internet Age.

I'll probably be buying my AR-15 kit from them or at least some parts.

azrednek
03-26-2012, 05:19 PM
I've ordered numerous things from SARCO since the mid-70's. I've learned to understand that SARCO is doing you a real big favor and your supposed to appreciate them taking the time to fill your order whenever they can get around to it. Unfortunately, often SARCO is the only place that has the goods you're after and you have to impose yourself and your money on their time.

About 20 years ago a friend visited SARCO. My friend was acting as a go-between representing a Berlin surplus merchant. From what I was told it was a wonder anything could be found. My Friend said there was no organization and their warehouse was in complete disarray.