PDA

View Full Version : Tanfoglio Model "L" Conversion Kits

robertbank
03-28-2007, 08:23 PM
Can’t make up your mind? 9MM or .40 S&W?? Well neither could I. I already had several 9MM pistols and pretty much had settled on my CZ 85 to play ESP in IDPA until I started reading good things about the Tanfoglio line of pistols. Well it wasn’t long before I had a call into Sean at Freedom Ventures and I had a Model “L” in 9MM on it’s way to me. Well that was last year and after 4,500 rounds of flawless behavior on the guns part I started to think, and often fatal thing for my bank book, why have I not got a .40 S&W pistol. Round makes major in IPSC and stories abound that by downloading the 180 gr bullet you can have a very soft shooting pistol for IPSC Production. But another gun…well no not in this case I simply ordered a .40S&W Conversion Kit for my Model “L”. I ordered it with two extra mags and the red front FO sight to match my 9MM set up.

Removing the 9MM top end and replacing it with the .40S&W top takes about 30 seconds start to finish! Simply remove the slide stop, take off the 9MM top and replace it with the .40 . It just doesn’t get any easier than that. Insert a .40cal mag and you are good to go. In an instant you get an identical pistol in .40 cal but will it work????

We have all read some of the horror stories of the .22LR kits on 1911’s. Jams, mag problems FTF etc Well forget it! From the get go this kit worked like it was hand fitted to the frame. 140 rounds of flawless performance have left met a fan of this rig. From a rest and using my 62 year old eyes I managed ¾” groups at 15 yards off a rest (5 gr Win 231 under 189 gr Commercial cast Round Nose boolit). That is plenty good enough for playing IDPA or IPSC and no doubt would be improved upon by a more skilled pistol shooter but for me I was happy. My Blade Tec rig works for both set-ups as does the mag holders so I have nothing more to buy to play the games.

Tanfoglio has got it right with their Conversion Kits. Since selling my Browning Challenger to my son I am without a .22LR pistol so why not go with a kit for my Model “L”. Great for practice and if it shoots like the kits for the center fire it too will be a winner and Santa is just 9 months away.

Take Care

Bob