PDA

View Full Version : Mosin nagant stripper clips

Jamesconn
03-20-2012, 12:33 PM
I've heard there are good ones and bad ones I am getting really close to purchasing a 91/30.

I need a good source of good stripper clips

RU shooter
03-20-2012, 03:42 PM
I dont know off hand who has them for sale but about the only ones that worked well for me were the ones made by Tikka with the fingers on the ends. Its marked with a T inside a inverted triangle inside of a circle.

Tim

wilit
03-20-2012, 04:31 PM
I bought mine from Numrich.com. They seem to work very well.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

nwellons
03-20-2012, 04:58 PM
The ones I use all the time came packed with Polish light ball ammo.

Many Mosin shooters never use stripper clips but I like them. Maybe it is because I have had good ones to use.

Donor8x56r
03-21-2012, 09:13 PM
Every stripper clip I used works just fine,well maybe except some stainless steel kind I picked up on a gun show.Those scratch cases horribly but it's only cosmetics so I don't really care (except Lapua brass isn't used in those)

30calflash
03-21-2012, 11:33 PM
The ones in the white seem to work pretty well. I got some brass ones but the rounds (brass case) didn't strip out very well. Actually bent from trying.

Maybe the brass clips would work better with steel case ammo.

NuJudge
03-22-2012, 04:35 PM
There are two different types of recent Chinese chargers ("stripper clips") that have recently been imported. Neither works worth a hoot. One is a copy of the design of most Russian chargers (plain ends), the other is a copy of Finnish chargers (with fingers).

The problem I have found with all the recent Chinese is that, when loaded with ammo, they are too big to fit the cut in the receiver.

I have a few original Finnish chargers that work well. They have the fingers on the ends, with a smooth brushed finish. The Chinese copies even have a copied Finnish proof mark, but they have this odd blotchy finish.

I have a lot of old Bulgarian chargers that look just like the recent Chinese imports that don't have fingers. The old Bulgarian chargers fit the receiver cuts, and the recent Chinese do not.

I have a few old Chinese chargers made from brass. They are very fragile, prone to breaking at the folds in the charger, but they work very well.

There was someone on eBay that was selling brass chargers, "Moparman", IIRC. I never bought his, but all the comments I saw on them were good.

I find it useful to use a charger several times before I expect it to work well. I like to align the rims so the first cartridge to go in will end up with its rim being furthest back in the magazine, and put a small amount of some lube that will not kill primers on the rims.

WineMan
03-22-2012, 10:52 PM
The Finnish ones are best. When you put the rounds in I have found that a method I read on line works best. Put them in like this:

_3
_2 _4
_1 _5

Put the rims of the #4 on top of the #5. Put the rim of the #3 (middle) on top of the #4 and #2 rims. Put the rim of the #1 under the rim of the #2. All like a wedding cake.

Wineman