PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Depp on Larry king Live??

Halfbreed
03-27-2007, 09:28 PM
OK here guys, A buddy keeps telling me he saw an interview with Johnny Depp on Larry King live, where Johnny tells King the U.S. military is going to get a bunch of young men and women killed in Iraq. ( just before the invasion). And he was glad of it, or something to that effect.
Does anybody remember that interview? I tried to do a search on CNN, but there were so many results i could not find it.
Me and my bud seem to be butting heads more and more often. I know he takes alot of pain meds, and falls asleep all the time in front of the tv. Maybe he took something out of context?
Just trying to find out what was said, and in what context.
John

Scrounger
03-27-2007, 11:58 PM
OK here guys, A buddy keeps telling me he saw an interview with Johnny Depp on Larry King live, where Johnny tells King the U.S. military is going to get a bunch of young men and women killed in Iraq. ( just before the invasion). And he was glad of it, or something to that effect.
Does anybody remember that interview? I tried to do a search on CNN, but there were so many results i could not find it.
Me and my bud seem to be butting heads more and more often. I know he takes alot of pain meds, and falls asleep all the time in front of the tv. Maybe he took something out of context?
Just trying to find out what was said, and in what context.
John

Maybe this is it. What an incredibly stupid thing to say! To disagree with policy is one thing but to make a statement like that is just plain stupid.
http://www.johnnydepp.com/bushliar.htm

MT Gianni
03-28-2007, 12:12 AM
I wish all the other movie trash who promised they would leave if Pres. Bush won would do likewise. Gianni.

JeffinNZ
03-28-2007, 12:55 AM
Silly thing to say. Those boys and girls are just doing their jobs. The politicians sent them. He should direct his anger at them.

Can't think of anything worse than being a serviceman in an unpopular war and not getting the support from home.

Remember a little skirmish in South East Asia?

Bret4207
03-28-2007, 09:23 AM
Ya know, I really enjoy Johnny Depps acting, kd lang's singing, etc, etc, etc. But why can't they just shut up! Fame doesn't entitle you to any more common sense than the next guy. In Rosy O'Donnells case it seems to have taken some of it away though....

SharpsShooter
03-28-2007, 10:13 AM
Fame doesn't entitle you to any more common sense than the next guy

How true. It often seems that the more popular one becomes, the less common sense and decency are required. But yet they still remain popular! That in itself is a reflection of the intellectual capacity of their followers and sadly it is more the norm these days than not. Sometimes I wonder if they fear their popularity is fading and they make these sorts of comments simply to recharge the spotlight they live under or do they actually believe the garbage.

Ss

dakotashooter2
03-28-2007, 10:28 AM
Isn't his primary residence in France or one of the other European countries? He can stay there as far as I am concerned.

NVcurmudgeon
03-28-2007, 10:39 AM
I like Bradd Pitt's line about why ask him a political question, when he's only an actor? Koko, the Lord High Executioner in Gilbert and Sullivan's operetta, "The Mikado," sings a song about having a little list of people who wouldn't be missed. Among those listed is, "The idiot who praises, with enthusiastic tone, All centuries but this, and every country but his own." I keep a little list of my own, of entertainers who have joined the hate-America crowd. I did see "300" recently, starring a bunch of people I never heard of. I've seen maybe a movie every two years for some time. I've been told repeatedly that Hollywood will never notice my absence, but I notice, to my great satisfaction.

RayinNH
03-28-2007, 08:31 PM
I haven't been to the movies in years. I refuse to spend a dime in support of these loud mouthed windbags...Ray

KCSO
03-28-2007, 10:46 PM
Promises, Promises, when is he leaving? An not making movies here either I hope!

Halfbreed
03-29-2007, 01:42 AM
Scrounger, that is not exactly the one I was looking for maybe, but it sure says enough for me. We have a few of his movies but there sure wont be any more. There are so many anti's in hollywood that it sure is difficult to watch any movie.
Anybody ever notice how many of them make movies with firearms. They protest firearms, but make their living with them in the movies.
John

MT Gianni
03-29-2007, 09:45 AM
Not only do they show firearms as being necessary to the plot of the movie the ones about a armed populace over throwing an evil central government [star wars] do great. gianni.