PDA

View Full Version : Found a few WW today

ssnow
03-16-2012, 10:53 PM
Stopped in the local tire shop, and picked up 30 lbs of WW, 5 lbs of Stick-ons, paid 10 bucks. (all they had, at the time) Not the best deal, but not bad, all things considered.

They have been selling them to a sinker guy every now and then for 35 per 5 gal bucket. The company I work for has just started an account there, and will be doing quite a bit of business there over the next two years. (Truck and pick-up tires and flat repair on a large construction project)

I offered them 40 bucks for a 5 gal bucket, and they said they would save them for me :smile: We'll see how it goes......

Ole
03-17-2012, 07:58 PM
Sinker guy is going to slash your tires. :kidding:

Happy shootin! :Fire:

ssnow
03-17-2012, 10:20 PM
He had best be careful. After all, I have bullets :)

ssnow
03-17-2012, 10:33 PM
I picked up another partial bucket today at a different shop. Ended up with 53 lbs WW, 5 lbs of stick-on, 5 lbs steel, 2 lbs zinc, and 2 lbs trash. Slowly but surely :) the hunt continues.

PuppetZ
03-20-2012, 08:13 PM
I happen to work in a car repair shop AND hapen to be the guy who make all the buying for this kind of things. I guess I'm going to be buying the lead weight for as long ans I can. I'm sitting on maybe 2000# of unused one right now [smilie=w:

letsmeltlead2693
03-20-2012, 08:18 PM
You talkin' 'bout me? Why would I pull the WW off of your car when I can wait and get free legit WW from a source or find them walking?

Curlymaple42
03-20-2012, 10:12 PM
I just scored two 5 gallon pails full of WW's today!! Holy heavy buckets! Anyways, a friend owns an autoshop and we were chatting about weights at the girl's Pinewood derby race last Saturday. I figured someone took his WW's, but was wrong! I picked them up today, for ZERO dollars!!! :-) I will do something nice for him though soon to show my appreciation. Drop off a 12 pack or a bowl I turned on my lathe or something.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

ssnow
03-20-2012, 11:58 PM
You talkin' 'bout me? Why would I pull the WW off of your car when I can wait and get free legit WW from a source or find them walking?

No Friend, no one is referring to you in this thread. I congratulate you, on your find. Free is great when you can make it happen, but it certainly has not worked out that way for me, at least not yet :)

It's just a conversation, about our efforts to find WW. :)