PDA

View Full Version : Hot, sweet, dill pickles

fourarmed
06-29-2005, 12:53 PM
wcshooter's pickled garlic recipe reminded me of another great condiment dish.

1 gallon dill pickle chips
1 or 2 12-oz. jars of jalapeno slices (1=warm, 2=hot)
4 lbs. sugar

Drain and discard juice from dill pickles. Dump pickles in a large mixing bowl, and add the jalapeno slices (with juice) and sugar. Stir until well-mixed and the sugar is dissolved. Pack back in the jars (or your own Mason jars) and refrigerate.

jh45gun
09-04-2010, 11:44 AM
Had to look these up again this is a good recipe thanks.

Changeling
09-04-2010, 02:33 PM
wcshooter's pickled garlic recipe reminded me of another great condiment dish.

1 gallon dill pickle chips
1 or 2 12-oz. jars of jalapeno slices (1=warm, 2=hot)
4 lbs. sugar

Drain and discard juice from dill pickles. Dump pickles in a large mixing bowl, and add the jalapeno slices (with juice) and sugar. Stir until well-mixed and the sugar is dissolved. Pack back in the jars (or your own Mason jars) and refrigerate.

Fourarmed, do you mean to use an existing gallon jar of dill pickles like what would be bought commercially?

Could one cut these proportions down to a "Quart" jar for the initial taste run?

frankenfab
09-04-2010, 02:41 PM
"Drain and discard juice from dill pickles."

Save the juice for drinking late at night after drinking other things.:drinks:

[smilie=l:

MT Gianni
09-07-2010, 06:47 PM
"Drain and discard juice from dill pickles."

Save the juice for drinking late at night after drinking other things.:drinks:

[smilie=l:

Use it to pickle your eggs.

jh45gun
09-08-2010, 03:57 PM
Fourarmed, do you mean to use an existing gallon jar of dill pickles like what would be bought commercially?

Could one cut these proportions down to a "Quart" jar for the initial taste run?

yes you can use a quart size jar these are the commercial pickle slices or commonly called Hamburger dill slices those sliced pickles that are ripple cut slices.

I just made up a batch and yes I used a quart size jar of pickles with what I figured was a pound of sugar and a 12 oz bottle of jalapeno slices.