PDA

View Full Version : HELP Citori firing pins stuck??

218bee
03-14-2012, 03:05 PM
I'm new to the Browning Citori but bought a 20ga a year or so and have had no trouble with it so far after 2000 rounds or so. Shot some with my kid today and taking it apart to clean I noticed BOTH firing pins protruding from breech face...***...so I pressed on them no go, lightly tapped with a scarp of wood,no go. Fear something is stuck somewhere and need help.
This is one of the few guns I have that I've not disassembled fully yet.
Has anyone seen this? Is it something I did?
How to fix?
I put two emptys in chambers and tried to dry fire and no click or nuthin...tried to bang rear of stock to trip inertia trigger but nuthin.
Any ideas??

fecmech
03-14-2012, 07:31 PM
Put the gun together with the forearm on. Open the gun so the ejectors pop, close the gun and it should work fine. You have to have the forearm on to cock the hammers.

218bee
03-14-2012, 08:48 PM
Is that all....I hope so...feel like an ***...Ill check it out now
Thanks

218bee
03-14-2012, 08:56 PM
fecmech...you were right on...I learned something today...Thanks alot

seagiant
03-14-2012, 09:13 PM
Hi Bee,
I bought an older Beretta 682 Gold E Skeet that I still have. It was used and for sale at a local gun shop. I bought it for a good price and when I first shot it had FTF's all over the place really bummed me out and I thought well that's why the previous owner got rid of it!

I figured a big bill for new trigger/firing pin work and was asking advice on a shotgun site and this older gentleman asked if I had cleaned the shotgun? I said sure I have. He said,"I mean clean,taking the buttstock off!" I said no and he said take some mineral spirits and clean it good with a brush and then use some good oil not WD-40! That's what I did and it has never missed a lick since! Someone had sprayed it with WD-40 and it had gummed up the firing pins so bad the gun wouldn't shoot half the time! You never know!

scrapcan
03-15-2012, 12:30 AM
yep the fact that you took the forend off and slipped the barrels off without cocking is exactly what happend as mentioned above. When you go to store it if you want to release the tension on the hammer sand store with firing pins down you can trip the first barrel and the smack the recoil pa dwith your hand and then trip the second barrel.

seagiant
03-15-2012, 08:03 PM
....or buy some snap caps!

Bren R.
03-16-2012, 12:45 AM
....or buy some snap caps!
Still need to set the second hammer with a sharp blow.

Bren R.