PDA

View Full Version : Stress Relief with an M1 Garand

AnnieOakley
03-13-2012, 02:41 PM
I was really stressed out yesterday and my husband suggested that I might need a "Mad Minute"...I was like, "what in the world is a Mad Minute"? Then he brought out the M1 Garand and we shot it off the back porch! I have to mention that we live way out in the country, so this is all okay. What a great stress reliever! I feel as though I have been inoculated in my shoulder, though, from the recoil of the rifle. It was alot of fun, I highly recommend it!

[smilie=w:

clodhopper
03-13-2012, 02:54 PM
Very good therapy, perhaps I should indulge also. All ready have a line if my neighbors ask. "Was shooting at a skunk, must have missed because I don't smell any thing"

03-13-2012, 04:15 PM
There's something about shooting a Garand that always brings a smile to the face of the shooter, especially, if it's their first time.

Dale in Louisiana
03-13-2012, 09:18 PM
Bangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangting!

You're right! It's rather musical, on top of everything else.

dale in Louisiana
(with a Garand in the closet)

frkelly74
03-13-2012, 10:27 PM
My most recent stress relief has been a 22 LR adapter that I got for the old AR 15. Just line up the clay pigeons and mow them down, and then don't even look for the brass. The Garand is good too, If you want to use some of the cast boolit info on here they are very pleasant to shoot, If recoil bothers you, with a little care in loading it, it needn't. On the other hand cranking out pseudo M2 is really easy and you can get a slip on pad to damp it down a bit.

Blacksmith
03-13-2012, 10:37 PM
Easy to add some lead in the buttstock which will help tame recoil as long as you don't have to carry the rifle far.

frkelly74
03-14-2012, 06:16 AM
Easy to add some lead in the buttstock which will help tame recoil as long as you don't have to carry the rifle far.

And you can make it removable in case you do have to carry it far.

pdawg_shooter
03-14-2012, 08:23 AM
I find shooting prairie dogs very restful. I spot one in my scope and say to myself, "hey, that looks like a liberal democrat prairie dog!" BLAM ! Stress gone.

ErikO
03-14-2012, 10:57 AM
I do bi-weekly group therapy sessions at the range. I still have to modify a few B-27 sils to carry briefcases and wear Gucci or Armani suits. I imagine I can find a market for Zombie Hedgefund Manager targets somewhere. ;)

lbaize3
03-14-2012, 05:55 PM
Yep, test fire all new loads right outside the garage door. The neighbors probably would not notice anything less than a full fledged firefight at my place....

ErikO
03-15-2012, 10:18 AM
We really gotta get to 'slightly less East' Missouri at some point here...far enough out of St Louis that we can shoot out of our back door and not have the local LEOs show up, unless of course we invited them for BBQ and range time yet close enough to keep our high-speed internet. That way I could work from home. ;)

FISH4BUGS
03-15-2012, 10:56 AM
Try shooting thousands of rounds from your machine guns! Full magazines, flip the selector to full auto and let 'er rip!
M16 with 30 full magazines.....oh what fun.....
S&W 76 with 5 full magazines....let 'er rip!
Mac 11 9mm with 20 STen magazines.....go for it!
Mac11A1 380 with 5 magazines....showtime!
Uzi with 10 full magazines.....oh boy oh boy!
Problem is that it takes more time to load the magazines than to shoot it all up.
Now THAT'S stress relief!....

pdawg_shooter
03-15-2012, 11:10 AM
We really gotta get to 'slightly less East' Missouri at some point here...far enough out of St Louis that we can shoot out of our back door and not have the local LEOs show up, unless of course we invited them for BBQ and range time yet close enough to keep our high-speed internet. That way I could work from home. ;)

Buy them some donuts, things will be fine.

Jamesconn
03-15-2012, 10:15 PM
I find find homeostasis everytime I go shootin