PDA

View Full Version : Stainless Steel Media

340six
03-12-2012, 07:25 PM
I know one night in the chat a gentlemen was selling it for $35.00 but lost his contact info
So what sources are they STM is like 50 any better deals than that
No this is not a bash STM just looking for a better deal if one is still out there thanks[smilie=6:

fishhawk
03-12-2012, 07:31 PM
well STM did have a special for cast boolit members of 10 bucks off in the month of Feb.

shotman
03-12-2012, 07:54 PM
how come I didnt get my 10off they didnt ask .

fishhawk
03-12-2012, 07:58 PM
well you had to enter a code when you ordered it.

340six
03-12-2012, 08:00 PM
well i guess i missed it maybe it was him

Sonnypie
03-12-2012, 08:07 PM
If all you want is the SS cut shot, try these folks: PelletsLLC (http://www.pelletsllc.com/)
Word was (a while back) you could get your 5 pounds for around $27.
And the guy said that when he called the lady knew what other reloaders had ordered and sent him the right stuff.
Right size, right magnetic, at the right price.

Me, myself, and I just ordered my set-up from STM late last summer or early fall.
It just made sense to me to go ahead and shoot the toe off and be done with it.
Only thing I suggest folks change is just buy the whole kit-and-caboodle with the rotary separator.
I wound up getting a rotary separator later and enjoyed paying more shipping charges.
Somewhere there ought to be a Post Office named after me. I know I paid for one. :mad:

Frozone
03-12-2012, 08:25 PM
I'll second that PelletsLLC.com
Didn't even have to do anything except take out the CC and give a shipping address.
As soon as I said reloading - they had what I wanted ready to go. USPS priority small flat rate.
$33 for 5# to my door in 3 days.

cheese1566
03-12-2012, 10:21 PM
I inquired to Pellets a few weeks ago.
It went up to $6 per pound ($30) plus $10 shipping...$40 total.

I found the "special" mentioned here in a couple spots and ordered from STM since they treat the forum right. Very fast shipping and works wonderful!!!

citizenal
03-15-2012, 03:06 PM
I inquired to Pellets a few weeks ago.
It went up to $6 per pound ($30) plus $10 shipping...$40 total.

I found the "special" mentioned here in a couple spots and ordered from STM since they treat the forum right. Very fast shipping and works wonderful!!!

I can confirm this 6 dollars per pound. Ordered 15 pounds for my tumbler I bought off a guy making them off of ar15.com forums.

longranger10
03-15-2012, 08:54 PM
We went ahead and turned on the discount code to go til the end of March. For $10 off use castboolits10 We've heard of guys having issues with the size of pins some of these "others" are selling of getting stuck in certain case sizes.

Thanks for the support and great forum!!

zuke
03-16-2012, 02:35 PM
I can confirm this 6 dollars per pound. Ordered 15 pounds for my tumbler I bought off a guy making them off of ar15.com forums.

I can vouch for these guy's also.No problem's at all.
Same with Mark's pin's.Some are a little tight but still a quality guy to deal with.
He is THE originator of the SS tumbling system.

Big brass ones
03-31-2012, 09:23 PM
Went ahead with STM's media. Sticking with forum sponsors and avoiding Walmart syndrome!

RACWIN375
04-01-2012, 11:35 AM
I wish I saw this I just got some not too bad $7lb I only got 2lbs for my RCBS sidewinder BUT what I got is not magnetic

I wonder how the magnetic works oh well this is great in the RCBS Sidewinder Liquid Media Case Cleaner

I bet the magnetic stuff "jumps" around more

Rick

Moonman
04-02-2012, 02:00 PM
The magnetic is great especially to pick up spilled pins.

boltons75
04-02-2012, 03:03 PM
I wish I saw this I just got some not too bad $7lb I only got 2lbs for my RCBS sidewinder BUT what I got is not magnetic

I wonder how the magnetic works oh well this is great in the RCBS Sidewinder Liquid Media Case Cleaner

I bet the magnetic stuff "jumps" around more

Rick

So how well does it work in the sidewinder? That's what I use and just ordered a 5 pound bag. I'm assuming that the whole 5 lbs won't be needed in the SW. I haven't seen a lot of guys using this in the SW.

oneokie
04-02-2012, 03:13 PM
So how well does it work in the sidewinder? That's what I use and just ordered a 5 pound bag. I'm assuming that the whole 5 lbs won't be needed in the SW. I haven't seen a lot of guys using this in the SW.

The instructions say to use the 5 lbs with one (1) gallon of water. If your drum is not large enough for the 5 lbs of SS media and a gallon of water plus the volume of brass, adjust accordingly.

RACWIN375
04-02-2012, 03:39 PM

I put about 1lb in the sidewinder with the RCBS stuff it worked very nice

rayv
04-02-2012, 04:39 PM
I put about 1lb in the sidewinder with the RCBS stuff it worked very nice

RACWIN ... How much of what caliber brass could you put in the Sidewinder at one time?

I was wondering about putting in less stainless media. Glad to hear it works ok without the full five pounds.

Thanks!

Catshooter
04-02-2012, 09:20 PM
We went ahead and turned on the discount code to go til the end of March. For $10 off use castboolits10 We've heard of guys having issues with the size of pins some of these "others" are selling of getting stuck in certain case sizes.

Thanks for the support and great forum!!

In the month of Febuary I wanted to order three pounds of the media from your site. I wasn't sure if the $10 off applied to the three pound amount and I couldn't get the code to enter.

So, I emailed y'all. No response. Since it wasn't pressing I forgot all about it until I saw this thread up again.

?

Cat

RACWIN375
04-03-2012, 06:50 AM
RACWIN ... How much of what caliber brass could you put in the Sidewinder at one time?

I was wondering about putting in less stainless media. Glad to hear it works ok without the full five pounds.

Thanks!

It can comfortably clean up to 300 38 Special cases or 150 30-06 cases at a time with either wet or dry media (from midway)