PDA

View Full Version : I've got Bees Wax, and lots of it.

lar45
06-29-2005, 03:05 AM
Hi all, I went to visit Mr. Williams in Nevada last week and bought the last of his beeswax. It ended up being 1 pallet of 2000 pounds.
http://www.lsstuff.com/pics/misc/pallet-01.jpg
This is how it came. It had been sitting in the Desert sun for a few years.
http://www.lsstuff.com/pics/misc/pallet-02.jpg
After the top few layers were pealed off, the inside looks to be about perfect.

He did have some harder wax that I got some of to try.
http://www.lsstuff.com/pics/misc/slabs-03.jpg

If anybody needs some, email me.

7br
06-29-2005, 07:01 AM
I'll bite. I could use about 5lbs. Sent pm.

Leftoverdj
06-29-2005, 12:09 PM
You in the bullet lube business now, Lar?

Leftoverdj
06-29-2005, 12:18 PM
Lar, the flat rate box holds 10-12 pounds. Mr. Williams was charging $15, but that was too low and there is no wonder he got tired of fooling with it. If you charge $20-25, you'll still be doing us a favor, and will earn every penny.

grumble
06-29-2005, 12:29 PM
How do you cut it, Lar? I tried making a cutter out of steel wire and a 12V battery, but it didn't work too well.

West Creek
06-29-2005, 02:44 PM
Ya know I kept kicken myself fer not buyin any from Mr Williams

I'd shore stand in line fer some - sent ya PM

buck1
06-29-2005, 04:21 PM
Lar, the flat rate box holds 10-12 pounds. Mr. Williams was charging $15, but that was too low and there is no wonder he got tired of fooling with it. If you charge $20-25, you'll still be doing us a favor, and will earn every penny.

Spoken like someone who knew a good thing when he saw it , and who don't need no more !!!! --LOL--

And the ones of us that didnt say .....LAR, PM SENT! :)

GLL
06-29-2005, 04:48 PM
lar45:

I will take whatever you can stuff in one of the flat-rate Priority Mail boxes. I am guessing that would be about ten pounds or so.

Drop me a note about total cost and shipping charges and I will send off a U.S. Postal Money Order.

Thanks.

Jerry

Curly James
06-30-2005, 08:25 AM
LAR 45,

I would also be interested in a flat rate priority mail box full of the wax. Let me now how much and where to send the money. Thanks, CJ

Jumptrap
06-30-2005, 10:03 AM
lar,

email sent..i'll take 4 boxes.

nighthunter
06-30-2005, 10:32 AM
Email sent to ya. Thanx.

Calamity Jake
06-30-2005, 10:43 AM
lar, you have a PM

Leftoverdj
06-30-2005, 10:52 AM
Spoken like someone who knew a good thing when he saw it , and who don't need no more !!!! --LOL--

And the ones of us that didnt say .....LAR, PM SENT! :)

True, Buck, but I'm also one of the ones who sent Mr. Williams an extra $10 in appreciation.

It's the local gunshop thing. I like a bargain, but I also like my suppliers to stay in business.

buck1
06-30-2005, 03:41 PM
True, Buck, but I'm also one of the ones who sent Mr. Williams an extra $10 in appreciation.

It's the local gunshop thing. I like a bargain, but I also like my suppliers to stay in business.

Leftover, I was just ribbing ya! Sorry I couldnt help it, Kinda a birth defect I guess. :D
Heck if it wasnt for YOU ,I wouldnt even know what to do with bees wax anyway! ;)
Diddo on the local gunshop thing I feel the same way, and I'm with ya all the way!!! I didnt mean to ofend,I was just playing around a bit.
Have a good one buddy!!! ....Buck

lar45
06-30-2005, 09:47 PM
Yes, I'm in the bullet lube business now.
www.lsstuff.com
on ebay I'm selling as whilelabellube
http://www.lsstuff.com/pics/50-50-tube02.jpg
I picked up a pile of these 1" clear plastic tubes. They seem to work pretty good. I'm selling these for $1.25 ea.

http://www.lsstuff.com/pics/50-50-baglabel-01.jpg
I'm also putting them in a zip lock bag for $1 ea.

I'm working on a high speed lube also with Carnauba wax in it. Still more testing to do.
Bob gave me his Black Powder recipie and I made some last night. He says it's like SPG, but doesn't melt in the sun.
I put some of the alox 50-50, my Carnauba(which is really hard) and the Bob-SPG under a lamp and let them melt. The Alox lube started to melt first, then the Carnauba began slumping and melting. The Carnuaba was about 1/2 gone before the Bob-SPG started to loose it's shape. The Bob-SPG was the last one standing in the puddle. It is rather soft at room temperature.

Anyway, I'll go out and cut some slabs to see what will fit inside the envelope and box and let you guys know.

1mauser
06-30-2005, 09:51 PM
I would also be interested in a flat rate priority mail box full of the wax. Let me now how much and where to send the money.
Thanks
Jorge

lar45
06-30-2005, 11:00 PM
Okay, it looks like a slab cut into quarters will be the easiest to deal with.
The cut pieces are aprox 9 3/4 x 6 x 1 3/8" and weigh close to 2.5lbs +- about 1 ounce.
The Flat Rate Envelope will hold one piece. The postage on that is $3.85
The Flat Rate Box will hold either 4 or 5 pieces. The postage on that is $7.70
The box doesn't close very well with 5 pieces in it. I'll have to check at the post office tomorrow to see if they will take it that way. If not, then I'll just do 4 pieces or 10 pounds in the box.

My Accountant/ financier/ Wife says we need to recoupe our expences for the 1000 mile trip and set the price to $2/lb. I don't need to sell any here, I have a comercial buyer setup to take everything that I don't need for myself.

The envelope will be $5 for wax + $3.85 for postage = $8.85
The box will be $20 for wax + $7.70 for postage = $27.70
if I can ship 5 pieces in the box it will be $25 for wax + $7.70 Postage = $32.70

You can send paypal to idahobronco@aol.com
or check, money order ...

to:

Glenn Larsen
1300 Jensen st.
Pocatello, Idaho 83201

Jumptrap
06-30-2005, 11:34 PM
My Accountant/ financier/ Wife set the price to $2/lb.

Glenn,

Please cancel my order.

buck1
07-01-2005, 02:45 AM
Outstanding!!! Thats still dirt cheep!! Thanks for sharing your haul with us. I hated missing out on it when MR williams had it, but $ were kinda short at the time. This gives many of us a second chance !! Not many folks would go through ALL THE hassle of diong this for us! I will send my order on the message with my paypal. and thanks again Glenn!!!!!! :D

Order sent, and paid!!

Willbird
07-01-2005, 10:45 AM
I am also canceling, both of the local beekeepers I have talked to don't even sell their beeswax, they didnt know there was a market for it.

Bill

lar45
07-02-2005, 12:53 AM
I've been cutting it on the table saw. It works pretty good, but does make abit of a mess. If your going to do it, try it outside. Also wear goggles and don't stand behind the blade. It throws off little chunks occasionally. Especially when I turn the saw back on it throws out a marble sized piece.

I can fit 5 of the 1/4 slabs into a flat rate box and the post office took it without any problems even though it didn't close up as nice.

Glenn Larsen
1300 Jensen st.
Pocatello, Idaho 83201

2.5# envelope $5 + $3.85 = $8.85
10# box $20 + $7.70 = $27.70
12.5# box $25 + 7.70 = $32.70

I also take paypal at idahobronco@aol.com

mike in co
07-02-2005, 12:55 AM
i'm still in for a box...will get a mo out next week...
thanks for the second chance

lar45
07-02-2005, 01:53 AM
Hello everyone, I'm sorry for the change in price. I thought most here had stocked up when Bob was selling it. I didn't think there would be much interest if most everyone already had some.
We have a comercial buyer setup for everyting that I didn't need. A couple of slabs wouldn't have amounted to much, but when it turned into several hundred pounds, the wife was complaining that we were loosing money not doing what we had originally planned on.(and she financed the deal out of her personal saveings)

Again, I'm sorry for the change, it was not my intent to offend or appear 2 faced.

If anyone wants any quantity of wax, let me know. I'll be happy to help.
Glenn.

Curly James
07-04-2005, 11:19 PM
Glen,

I'll get a money order out for 10 lbs this week. Around my parts 2 bucks a lb is cheap. Thanks CJ

Ol'Scudder
07-06-2005, 05:45 PM
Glenn,

I'm still in for a 12.5# box - cashiers check will depart here tomorrow AM.

Thanks.

lar45
07-08-2005, 01:20 AM
I've been sending a pile of it out.
If you've ordered some and I haven't replied saying that it has been shipped, please send me a reminder to idahobronco@aol.com

Thanks
Glenn.

Greg5278
07-08-2005, 10:56 AM
Here in New Jersey beeswax is $10 per # from the beekeeper. Craft stores are even more expensive. $2 per pund is a great deal, I will order some as soon as I get the money. Some people bought some Tin from me, and haven't paid yet. Greg

waksupi
07-08-2005, 11:57 PM
Guys, this board is built upon a hell of a lot of honor, that has served us well. If you owe Gregg, or anyone else, square up. We can't afford to have it any other way. I know some forget things, ( Me included) but consider many times, the goods sent, is money out of a board members pocket. For some, a few bucks may be no big deal, for others, twenty bucks one way or the other, can mean someone making thier monthly bills. Great payback, for someone who is trying to do a favor for the board members. If you can't afford something, don't order it. What goes around, comes around.
Gregg, after a reasonable time, say another thirty days, if you aren't payed, please post the names of the deadbeats. We need to know who we are dealing with here. The circle of shooters in this country is surprisingly small. And have memories like a female elephant.

Here in New Jersey beeswax is $10 per # from the beekeeper. Craft stores are even more expensive. $2 per pund is a great deal, I will order some as soon as I get the money. Some people bought some Tin from me, and haven't paid yet. Greg

felix
07-09-2005, 12:19 AM
If I am not mistaken, I think Sundog and I paid 2 bucks, maybe 2.25 per pound delivered from a warehouse in IL. I think it was 130 pounds that was delivered for the big lube melt down.

Greg, besides the real names and the handle names of the folks, please advise the board on how much money is owed to you. I will personally cover that expense.

FELIX M ROBBINS

lar45
07-09-2005, 01:06 AM
The only problem I have had in all my dealings with the fine folks here is when someone died. That one just couldn't be helped.
I did the Lyman 1/2 off close out deal and sent out about 30 molds before a penny arrived. Everyone came though in flying colors.

I agree, if someone is takeing advantage of the honor system here, we need to know who so as not to deal with them.

We could put a sticky post up " members not in good standing" Sort of like the bad check list at the quicky mart

alamogunr
07-09-2005, 09:39 PM

Several years ago, when looking for some beeswax, I contacted a beekeeper in NJ. Turned out to be a sweet old lady that sold me some for $6/lb. When it arrived, it was clean as a whistle and in some of the most interesting shapes. She was very interested in what I was going to use it for, not judgemental at all. There are good people everywhere despite what some Tennesseeans say.

I think a good policy would be to ship when payment received. When I buy on ebay, I use USPS money orders. If I get stiffed, I'll sic the post office on them.

John

lar45
07-13-2005, 03:23 PM
Hi all, I can't ship in 12.5# anymore.
I got a bunch of boxs back today. With the 5 1/4 slabs in it, the box doesn't close all the way and I guess they got tired of it.
Anyway, on the ones that came back, I'll open them and take out 1 of the 1/4 slabs, sending 10#, I'll refund $5 with the shipment.
**Nevermind, I can fit the 12.5# in the long flat boxes with a little trimming and stuffing.**

fiberoptik
08-02-2005, 03:33 AM
Lar, ya still selling BeezWax? I could use a box.
P.s. I was thinkin, if it don't fit real well, wouldn't it fit better if softened up to near melted? [smilie=f: