PDA

View Full Version : New toy

frkelly74
03-11-2012, 08:27 AM
I picked up one of those 22 adapter outfits for my AR15 yesterday. I am not sure of the manufacturer but the brown plastic case has a World Map globe on the cover which for some reason brings to mind Samco but I have no good reason to think that. So , it is a device that fits in the upper receiver in place of the bolt carrier and has an insert into the chamber and a bolt that slides back and forth. It dropped right in. There are two magazines also that hold 10 rounds ea. they lock up nice and tight and seem to feed well. I shot up a box of ammo and did not have to make any adjustment on the sights to hit pop cans at 50 yd. every thing went fine until I began to use some of my found ammo and then there were some hiccups. Miss fires are hard to dig out of the chamber and I did have one fire with the bolt a little bit out of battery. That one blew the case and popped the magazine out the bottom of the rifle. Lesson learned, use good ammo. Overall it was fun and I wjust wish it had a bigger magazine.

Forrest r
03-11-2012, 08:42 AM
It sounds like a Ceiner kit (brown plastic box). These kits are the cat's meow!!!

I have no idea what you mean by "found ammo", I just use any of the bulk ammo's in mine without any problems. The kits are a great way to get some cheap trigger time in with the AR.

frkelly74
03-11-2012, 05:45 PM
Found ammo is ammo found on benches after everyone has gone home. Some is perfect , some not so much. there are some semiautos that are hard on ammo and picky about what they will digest. I save those rejected and/or damaged rounds and shoot them up or pull the lead and scrap the brass. If it is a Ceiner outfit then then I think I got a really good deal. I always say " When Fun is free or cheap, go for it ". Don't they mark their hardware?

Forrest r
03-11-2012, 11:01 PM
Thank you for explaining what found ammo was.

I’m not sure about any markings on the kits, I know there’s no markings on the mags. Here’s a pic of a ceiner mag & brown case with the world on it.
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t242/forrestr-photo/ceinerkitmag.jpg

frkelly74
03-12-2012, 09:02 AM
That is exactly the same case and mag. I was going to shoot it again yesterday but the range was a zoo. Plus there was a guy out there scooping up all the brass which I count as the real bummer of the day. I saw him get 357 and 44 mag from a bunch of shooters. At least I am sort of sure that this particular person will reload the 357 and not scrap it.

Thanks for the ID help.