PDA

View Full Version : Rossi Puma dilema

HPT
03-10-2012, 02:47 PM
I got my Rossi Puma 92 w/24" octagon barrel in 44 mag a few weeks ago.

Right away noticed the gun not ejecting properly some of the time. I thought this was a minor issue so I was otherwise OK with it. I also noticed that the brass looked a bit deformed a bit in front of the rim but again thought it was nothing to be concerned about.

The accuracy seemed ok so I had it drilled & tapped for a receiver sight. Accuracy improved and I was just thinking that I might order a new extractor and I'd be happy.

Then today the 10th brass almost totaly separated.

Do you think I can still get warranty on or do you think I will be screwed since it was drilled & tapped - even though that has nothing to do with the issues

Ben
03-10-2012, 03:00 PM
What you ( d & t ing ) did has absolutely nothing to do with the problems you're experiencing.

If they don't fix it, let us all know.

Ben

Skrenos
03-10-2012, 03:02 PM
Under US law, the burden of proof is on the warrantor to prove that the damages were caused by the consumer. They can not say "it's the consumer's fault" when any other gun manufacturer or service agent (gunsmith) would say otherwise.

Boerrancher
03-11-2012, 11:46 AM
They should fix or replace it, since what you did by drilling and tapping the receiver has nothing to do with the chamber.

Best wishes,

Joe

dagger dog
03-14-2012, 05:47 PM
My Rossi 92 in 45 Colt bulges the brass in front of the rim, caused from the feed ramp extending into the chamber.

It has had no effect on the extraction, and so far the brass has shown no problems in reloading, although I think the life of the brass will be shortened from overworking.

Make sure the extractor guide and bushing, have no rough edges. You may want to buy the DVD from Stevesgunz.com, it helps in trouble shooting.

Boerrancher
03-15-2012, 09:00 AM
My Rossi 92 in 45 Colt bulges the brass in front of the rim, caused from the feed ramp extending into the chamber.

This is typical of all of the 45LCs. Neither of mine is that bad, just slightly noticeable if you are looking. I have brass that has been reloaded 20-30 times, the necks split on them but that is all. I have a box of brass that I have been shooting on since the early 90's there is no telling how many times it has been reloaded and fired. I have replaced 1/4th of them over the years but the majority of them are the first box of ammo that I bought when I picked up the gun.

Best wishes,

Joe