PDA

View Full Version : Import Duty on MIHEC Moulds?

Irascible
03-10-2012, 09:56 AM
I ordered a mould from Miha. I didn't ask about import duty, taxes, etc. Anyone care to tell me how it all worked?

midnight
03-10-2012, 10:03 AM
I've got 7 molds from Miha. He just e-mails me the cost, I Paypal him that amount and about 7 days later I have my mold. No mention of taxes or import duties.

Bob

Maven
03-10-2012, 10:07 AM
I've got 7 molds from Miha. He just e-mails me the cost, I Paypal him that amount and about 7 days later I have my mold. No mention of taxes or import duties.

Bob

Ditto the above, but substitute Jeff Tanner's name for Miha's.

Irascible
03-10-2012, 10:24 AM
Interesting, I wonder if he pays the import duty or declares them at a low enough value that they don't attract attention? Maybe I should just shut up, smile and say thank you :>)

fatnhappy
03-10-2012, 10:49 AM
Interesting, I wonder if he pays the import duty or declares them at a low enough value that they don't attract attention? Maybe I should just shut up, smile and say thank you :>)

Good policy. You must be married. lol

I have 3 Mihec moulds, same thing. Be advised they are works of art.

Char-Gar
03-10-2012, 12:13 PM
There is no import duty on stuff that costs $200 or less.

white eagle
03-11-2012, 10:29 AM

now yer catching on[smilie=p:

Irascible
03-11-2012, 11:42 AM
Good policy. You must be married. lol

48 years last Christmas Day!

GARCIA
03-12-2012, 06:42 AM
Custom form is usually marked as "Hand Tools".
They sure are some pretty "Hand Tools"!!!!

Tom

Wayne Smith
03-12-2012, 08:11 AM
Custom form is usually marked as "Hand Tools".
They sure are some pretty "Hand Tools"!!!!

Tom

True, but that is exactly, and literally, what they are!

pdawg_shooter
03-13-2012, 02:02 PM
I needed to get some factory Python grips to Canada, and to avoid problems I declared them wood carvings. Zipped right on through.

geargnasher
03-13-2012, 02:22 PM
I sent a pair of married, 12-gauge "machined tubes" to Briley once via a major shipping carrier once........

Gear

Elkins45
03-14-2012, 09:35 AM
I needed to get some factory Python grips to Canada, and to avoid problems I declared them wood carvings. Zipped right on through.

I did the same with a rifle stock I sold on eBay. The UPS clerk didn't even raise an eyebrow. Anything firearm related is always listed as "machine parts".

I had to ship a T/C rifle back to S&W for recall repairs last week. The email with the prepaid label said it was OK to ship in the factory box, so I did. It also said I must declare to the clerk that the package contains a firearm. So when I showed up at the FedEx counter with a long rectangular box that had "Americas' Master Gunmaker" printed on the side in 150 point type I told the guy "I'm required to tell you that this package contains a firearm." The guy looked up at me and with a totally deadpan expression he said "Way ahead of you there, buddy."

Miha wouldn't be lying if he labeled them "art-metallic sculpture" because I treasure mine as if they were precious works of art.