PDA

View Full Version : Got my RIA Tactical Today

jh45gun
03-10-2012, 12:56 AM
Very nice I am impressed with it. I searched all over and every where I checked was out of them. I got this one (NIB) from a family owned gun shop in California. I had my dealer fax his FFL I paid for it with my Credit Card and he mailed it off on Mon Parcel Post and It came today to WI. A bit faster then I thought it would be. I do not care for the factory grips though and I went to a gun show tonite and found a GI pair of the Plastic checkered grips for ten bucks. That will do until I find some exotic wood ones OR I may make a set myself if I find the right wood. I am also happy that it was the old style writing and logo on the slide not the newer style.

thegreatdane
03-10-2012, 11:10 AM
Nice. Can we see her picture?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

scattershot
03-10-2012, 11:52 AM
You will be pleased with that pistol. I have one, and all I have done is change the grips and shoot it.

Good shooting!
Gene

wellfedirishman
03-10-2012, 12:19 PM
The 45 Tacticals are great guns. And RIA's customer service is very good if you need anything.

I ordered a longslide upper some months ago from them and fit it to the 45 Tactical lower and it runs like a champ. Very accurate too.

McLintock
03-10-2012, 12:37 PM
I bought one used several years ago for $375, to use in the Wild Bunch matches in Cowboy Action Shooting. Put a fitted barrel bushing in it and a full length guide rod and worked a little on the trigger and it shoots great. It's as accurate, with me shooting it, as my full custom hi cap gun and I like it; it shoots better then I can, as I'm not much of a handgun shot.
McLintock

jh45gun
03-11-2012, 12:54 AM
Gonna have to wait to shoot it guys I field stripped it and cleaned it and put lube on the rails and put it back together almost thumb slipped off the recoil spring plug and it went flying and I do not know where. I searched off and on all day and no luck. Gonna vacuum in the nooks and crannies and see if I can find it that way tomorrow and check under the bed. I know its here but do not know where. If I cannot find it I will order TWO of them on Mon. Since it is a full rod design that puts a bit of a crimp in it or I would have just stopped at the gunsmiths today and bought a regular one. He had one of them but no full rod one.

jh45gun
03-11-2012, 12:59 AM
I bought one used several years ago for $375, to use in the Wild Bunch matches in Cowboy Action Shooting. Put a fitted barrel bushing in it and a full length guide rod and worked a little on the trigger and it shoots great. It's as accurate, with me shooting it, as my full custom hi cap gun and I like it; it shoots better then I can, as I'm not much of a handgun shot.
McLintock

??? The Full Size Tactical ones come with a full length guide rod unless some one converted it back to the half rod style before you got it.

jh45gun
03-11-2012, 06:46 AM
If RIA does not have the Recoil Spring Cap in stock will this work some one in the reviews said it would

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/247735/ed-brown-recoil-spring-plug-for-full-length-recoil-spring-guide-rod-1911-government-stainless-steel

jh45gun
03-12-2012, 03:38 PM
OK I called Nevada they are sending me two plugs. I also ordered my grips today from Raasco Exotic wood Bubinga plain no checkering.

GT27
03-12-2012, 04:30 PM
I have the Tactical,and the mid-size! Great guns!! I sent the mid-size back to Nevada( MOM),Arnel Bernardo is the head gunsmith there(best in the west btw),had it ported,the feed ramp opened, and polished to a mirror shine,they installed a comp trigger, stainless oversize mag release button,Commander stainless hammer,stainless mainspring/and housing,stainless beavertail,stainless square trigger guard,stainless mag well,comp sights, I bought all Cylinder and Slide Inc. parts...No charge on the labor!!! It gobbles up anything fed,and shoots POA. My main CCW!!! It's not a Colt but for me,It'll do,and does it well!!!
http://i40.tinypic.com/xdt6r4.jpghttp://i39.tinypic.com/mcy849.jpghttp://i44.tinypic.com/o5s5.jpg

jh45gun
03-12-2012, 05:42 PM
NICE Looks Great

GT27
03-12-2012, 06:26 PM
FWIW- I tried 2 sets of the Pachmayr Presentation grips/rosewood-neoprene mix, that seems everyone likes so much, both sets cracked from absorbing oil from the gun,the wood is thin and dry as bone,absorbs everything,sweat and oil,making them weak!! I went with neoprene on both guns! I like the feel of it and if you get sweaty palms you still have a good grip/feel of the gun. There are TONS of options out there for John Browning's Picaso'!! Enjoy that piece of art!!