PDA

View Full Version : Field Trip to Auber Instruments

RydForLyf
03-09-2012, 10:27 AM
I finally decided to PID my Star Luber and went straight to www.auberins.com to place my order. After I filled my shopping cart I wanted to call to get a few questions answered and lo and behold, Auber Instruments is right in my back yard!

After checking to see if pick-ups were allowed, I went over after work and picked up my stuff and had a nice chat with the owner. He's a great guy and really gets into this stuff. He's got his R&D Big Green Egg and Traeger grills on the premises and told me about some of his current projects.

Besides being quickly educated on controllers by someone that really knows his stuff, I didn't have to wait for it to be delivered.

Yesterday was a good day.

Here's as far as I got last night with the PID install.

http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg579/RydForLyf/IMG_0603.jpg

Chuck

blikseme300
03-10-2012, 03:40 AM
Nice!

I got all my PID parts from Auber as well. The convenience of one stop shopping and access to tech support knowledge is worth a lot.

Did you make your own heater base?

Bliksem

buyobuyo
03-10-2012, 10:47 AM
Good idea on TC location. Do you know the size/thread pitch of the brass plug you mounted the TC in?

cbunt1
03-14-2012, 11:02 AM
I'll be watching this thread...I put a PID on my Star some time ago, but silly me, I just tapped the Lyman base I already had...

Measuring the actual LUBE temp, where it matters would be a MAJOR improvement in my setup.

I wouldn't be able to do most of the stuff I've done without the help and ideas of the crafty folks on this forum!