PDA

View Full Version : 165gr Hp mold for 40 S&W

Delta34
03-08-2012, 08:27 PM
Been looking for this or a TCBB mold. Got some of the TCBB from Penn and my M&P 40c loves them. Any leads on where I can find one in either they HP or TCBB?

Thanks
Chris

Stick_man
03-08-2012, 09:26 PM
Welcome to the forum (and the madness and the addiction and...)

If you watch the group buys, there are several custom mould makers that have done them. I picked one up from Mihec that drops at 160gr as a hollow point or ~170 as a solid. They are top notch and work great. Pricing from Mihec is around $105 for a 2-cav hp including shipping. Extra pins are available as well.

NOE is another custom mould maker that has done .40 cal moulds, but I am not sure if they have done that light of a hp yet or not.

Do a little searching here and you will find what you are looking for.

Another option (but I don't know costs) is to pick up a mould you like and have it hollow pointed.

Good luck and happy casting!

longbow
03-08-2012, 09:49 PM
Not sure if this is what you are looking for but here is a design I asked Tom to scale down from a .45 to suit my .44 mag. Terrific mould. It could be scaled to .40 and bevel base added easily.

http://accuratemolds.com/bullet_detail.php?bullet=43-165B-D.png

Even if it isn't what you are looking for Tom will alter design or create a new one to suit you.

Short story is ~ contact Tom and tell him what you want and he will make it for you if he doesn't have anything that tickles your fancy.

Longbow

Delta34
03-09-2012, 06:59 AM
Thanks for the leads.