PDA

View Full Version : Stuck Saeco sizing die

huntingnt
03-05-2012, 11:02 PM
Just got a used Saeco sizer. I went out tonight to remove the sizing die and it doesn't seem to want to move too much. It has a lot of hard blue lube in it and I have it on the warming plate right now. I just want to make sure that other than removing the knurled ring on the bottom there is nothing else holding the die in place other than lube.

Pete P
03-06-2012, 12:00 AM
What I have done is heat up the lubricator sizer. Then remove the top punch. Remove the knurled locking ring from the bottom of the die, I place something soft underneath the die and use the knockout that pushes the bullets back up through the die to push the die out of the frame of the machine. I have not had a problem using this technique.

Peter P

PbHurler
03-07-2012, 10:50 AM
I do the same as Pete stated above. I've used sections of wood dowling, and settled on using the nylon standoff's that you can pick up at Ace Hardware stores. I like the nylon's because you can keep stacking them untill you can get a good grip on the die from above. I chose the diameter of the standoff's to bear on the bottom the die's O.D. walls, so the die & it's internal punch will come out together.

Le Loup Solitaire
03-07-2012, 11:04 AM
I use the same system as Pete P, except I put a small block of wood under the die and use the machine's leverage to push the die up. Then switch to a short length of dowel to finish the job. LLS