PDA

View Full Version : Magtech 410 brass load life?

UNIQUEDOT
03-05-2012, 05:46 PM
For those of you whom load the magtech brass 410 bore cases, how many loads do you get from them before they wear out?

skeettx
03-05-2012, 07:09 PM
Magtech is made only for BLACKPOWDER and with it expect a large number of loads IF you keep the brass clean after shooting.

http://reviews.cabelas.com/8815/215796/magtech-shotshell-brass-reviews/reviews.htm?sort=rating

gojo41
03-06-2012, 04:51 PM
magtech brass 410 cases are made for smokeless as well as black powder. I don't use black powder and never intend to.I don't see how you would ever wear them out. The only thing I have noticed is the inside of the case is a little larger than a plastic 410 hull.I cut card wads out of 12 pack boxes with a 7/16" punch, I put one over the powder and then use a shot cup, use another card over the shot/ball and a drop of elmers glue spread around with a tooth pick. I use a depriming punch from an old lee 45-70 hand tool to knock the primers out, I use a lee hand primer #16 shell holder to prime the cases.Before magtech made brass shotgun shells I used 444 cases, some extractors won't grab them and empties have to be pushed out with a rod.444 cases and magtech 410 shells both will fit and fire in a taurus judge and the cases swell accordingly and will not fit in another 410 unless you have some means of resizing the cases, I keep the casings for the taurus seperate.you can put 4 .350" balls in these cases, recoil is pretty stiff in a judge. I have not shot 3 or 4 rounds out of the judge and then looked to see if the 5th round had dislodged the over-shot card from recoil which a person should be aware of.I shoot these loads all the time in a double barrel shotgun and have had no trouble. I use accurate # 9 powder and large pistol primers

gojo41
03-06-2012, 04:57 PM
magtech brass 410 cases are made for smokeless as well as black powder. I don't use black powder and never intend to.I don't see how you would ever wear them out. The only thing I have noticed is the inside of the case is a little larger than a plastic 410 hull.I cut card wads out of 12 pack boxes with a 7/16" punch, I put one over the powder and then use a shot cup, use another card over the shot/ball and a drop of elmers glue spread around with a tooth pick. I use a depriming punch from an old lee 45-70 hand tool to knock the primers out, I use a lee hand primer #16 shell holder to prime the cases.Before magtech made brass shotgun shells I used 444 cases, some extractors won't grab them and empties have to be pushed out with a rod.444 cases and magtech 410 shells both will fit and fire in a taurus judge and the cases swell accordingly and will not fit in another 410 unless you have some means of resizing the cases, I keep the casings for the taurus seperate.you can put 4 .350" balls in these cases, recoil is pretty stiff in a judge. I have not shot 3 or 4 rounds out of the judge and then looked to see if the 5th round had dislodged the over-shot card from recoil which a person should be aware of.I shoot these loads all the time in a double barrel shotgun and have had no trouble. I use accurate # 9 powder and large pistol primers

UNIQUEDOT
03-07-2012, 05:11 PM
Smokeless powder was what i had intentions to use in these cases, but i still have not purchased any yet as they seem expensive at around a dollar a case. I figured if i could get enough loadings from them that i would try a couple boxes though. I suppose a mec resize ring could be used to size them when needed? one thing stalling me on trying them is the low cost of new plastic hulls.

gojo41
03-08-2012, 10:18 AM
I have not had to resize a case yet if I stay with the .410 guns,not sure if I'd try a mec sizer ring. might be hell to get out

andy h
03-09-2012, 09:18 PM
Over here in England the 410 magtec cases are less than $10 for 25 which is amazing for England .
But European 410 chambers seem to be a little bit tighter than American Sized chamber But the way to occasionally re-size the cases over here is to use an old 45 Acp/Colt carbide die and machine the de-capping insert threaded area out of it and that gives you the right size to chamber in a European sized 410 chamber using nitro powder.

torpedoman
03-24-2012, 03:08 PM
http://www.endtimesreport.com/410reloading.html
decent article on the 410.
I use 303 brit brass and make my own hulls