PDA

View Full Version : Lee Mold For 9 MM

smokemjoe
03-04-2012, 08:28 PM
If I make through 3-6 more chemos why I am going to treat myself to a new Kimbers in 9 MM, What is a good Lee gang mold for the 9MM, I have the 115 gr. one now, Will size to .357 ?, Thanks for reading, JOe

Bullet Caster
03-04-2012, 09:10 PM
Smokemjoe,
I'll be praying for you and I sincerely hope that you make it through all your chemos and get it into remission. I only have a 2 cavity mould and that's the TL.356 124 grain and it works great in my
C9 Hi-Point. I really like the tumble lube design and I usually tumble lube all my pistol boolits eventhough the other two are not tumble lube designed. For me tumble lubing is a whole lot less of a mess. I ranch dip my rifle boolits and it's quite messy. Hope you have a good report healthwise in the near future. BC

HBAR2989
03-04-2012, 09:10 PM
I have the 124 gr TC TL in the two cavity. No sizing, just tumble lube, and shoot. Works great.

denul
03-04-2012, 11:54 PM
This is the description of the most versatile mold I own - as posted at Midway's online -

"Lee 6-Cavity Bullet Mold 358-125-RF 38 Special, 357 Magnum, 38 Colt New Police (358 Diameter) 125 Grain Flat Nose"

But they still post the old photograph of a previous design, a squat bevel base with an overly flat nose.

The actual design photograph is now correct on the LEE website. Great in 38/357, sized .358, and terrific in 9mm and 38 super, sized .357. No leading for me in revolvers or autos, and the six cavity drops them like rain.

I also have the Lee six cavity 9mm that duplicates ball ammo profile, and it's good, but I love the versatility of that 358-125 RF mold. Also hard to beat if you're on a budget. Good luck!

GT27
03-05-2012, 12:12 AM
Smokemjoe,
I'll be praying for you and I sincerely hope that you make it through all your chemos and get it into remission. I only have a 2 cavity mould and that's the TL.356 124 grain and it works great in my
C9 Hi-Point. I really like the tumble lube design and I usually tumble lube all my pistol boolits eventhough the other two are not tumble lube designed. For me tumble lubing is a whole lot less of a mess. I ranch dip my rifle boolits and it's quite messy. Hope you have a good report healthwise in the near future. BC

Same/same here,shoots great,and a whole lot less messy with tumble-lube!!!:target_smiley: Feel better buddy!

6.5 mike
03-05-2012, 06:39 PM
I use the same mould for 4-357's, 2-38's & just started using it in my 9 m/m. So far has worked very well in all. Mine drops at 0.360 so just size to fit whatever I need.

Plus I use it for test slugs in my cabintree tester, good flat base & nose.

white eagle
03-05-2012, 07:24 PM
get after em' Joe
you get a good one

GREENCOUNTYPETE
03-05-2012, 10:27 PM
If I make through 3-6 more chemos why I am going to treat myself to a new Kimbers in 9 MM, What is a good Lee gang mold for the 9MM, I have the 115 gr. one now, Will size to .357 ?, Thanks for reading, JOe

Joe , i just got a 356-120tc standard lube groove friday,i cast with it saturday it casts like a dream , they drop at 360 to 361 , size them for what ever you need.

the sound of happiness is opening the handles to hear 1 thud of 6 boolits hit the towel at the same time , it doesn't happen every time some times it needs a little shake before they all fall , but if it is anything like my other molds they get better with more use so maybe in a few hundred more it will happen every time.

only thing is they seem to be shorter than most 9mm bullets , if you seat them to the ogive they are 1.030 but it doesn't seem like they have any more in the case than any other bullet.