PDA

View Full Version : Outdoorsman and one handed shooting

David LaPell
03-04-2012, 01:16 PM
I took out some handloads today consisting of my own cast 150 grain #358156 HP's with 12.5 grains of 2400 in my Outdoorsman. My left arm has been bothering me alot again and I had to wait until it subsided because it hurts just to go outside without my sling on (nerve pain sucks). So when the opportunity arose I got out and did some shooting. It took a couple of rounds to sight in but the rest fell into place at 25 yards. I will do some more shooting when it warms up as just being outside (about 30 here) just kills my bad arm.

http://i561.photobucket.com/albums/ss57/Smith29-2/Outdoorsmanmaple.jpg

http://i561.photobucket.com/albums/ss57/Smith29-2/OutdoorsmanHPtgt.jpg

lbaize3
03-04-2012, 02:04 PM
I can relate to the cold and pain. But that is fine one handed shooting and a beautiful pistol....

Dobetown
03-04-2012, 02:16 PM
Very nice maybe I need nerve pain:killingpc

Breadman03
03-04-2012, 02:47 PM
Funny thing about your crippled shooting is that it is better than some people shoot an M-16 at 25 yards. Nice shooting!

I hope your arm gets straightened out quickly. Nerve issues can make you want to cuss.

Irascible
03-05-2012, 08:53 PM
Could you let me know who's stocks those are? I really like them. What material? It looks like wood, but I'm not sure.

David LaPell
03-05-2012, 09:18 PM
The grips are maple from Ahrends. They fit better to my hand than Smith factory target stocks.

pipehand
03-05-2012, 10:19 PM
When I was younger I shot smaller groups with a pistol two handed, unsupported. Now, I can shoot better groups in the classic target one handed fashion. The difference is that the weaver stance/hold puts both the front and rear sight closer to my eye, and the one hand hold gets those sights closer to the same plane as the target. If I need to shoot fast, the two handed hold still wins out for control, however.

JayinAZ
03-05-2012, 11:34 PM
David, you've shown us that wonderful revolver and your shooting before. But there is no such thing as too many times so please keep the pictures coming :)

44man
03-06-2012, 09:07 AM
Makes me laugh! [smilie=l:
To shoot open sights anymore I need to attach my gun to a long stick! :holysheep
Guys, try Creedmore to get the sights way out there. Make sure you use a blast shield.

ole 5 hole group
03-06-2012, 09:03 PM
Makes me laugh! [smilie=l:
To shoot open sights anymore I need to attach my gun to a long stick! :holysheep
Guys, try Creedmore to get the sights way out there. Make sure you use a blast shield.

Jim, real men shoot Creedmore without a blast shield at least once in their shooting careers - need something to talk about in their ole age. I wonder how an X-Frame cylinder gap burn feels??