PDA

View Full Version : Rapine Reloading dies,

madcaster
03-22-2007, 06:24 PM
A spinoff of the moulds thread in another section,but have any of you used Rapine's reloading dies/
Happy with them or not?
Thanks,
Jeff.

Buckshot
03-23-2007, 08:30 AM
............First I've ever heard of Rapine reloading dies. Where did you get them?

.............Buckshot

Larry Gibson
03-23-2007, 10:36 AM
A spinoff of the moulds thread in another section,but have any of you used Rapine's reloading dies/
Happy with them or not?
Thanks,
Jeff.

They had quite a listing including a lot of wildcats. Only Rapine one I've used is a neck sizer for the 45-70. Igot it to NS for the Siamese Mauser, works fine.

Larry Gibson

klw
03-23-2007, 09:20 PM
As I recall (at my age my memory is getting spoty), Rapine bought his dies from CH. CH dies are excellent. Better yet if you have a problem with one they will make it right. I bought a CH 10.4x38R die from Buffalo Arms. Europeans load that cartridge VERY VERY differently from the way we do. The dies were for the European loading. CH explained that to me and told me to send it back and they would replace it, gratis.

macvcallsign
04-05-2007, 04:56 PM
If you look at a list of dies from Rapine and a list from CH they are the same.
I have a number of CH dies(all the weird odd calibers which they make in abundance)
and they are of a fine quality. I have never bought dies from Rapine but when I see him next month I will ask him.

Bret4207
04-05-2007, 08:10 PM
This is good news in a way. I had heard through the grapevine that the owner of Rapine dies some months ago. Never used his moulds, but it's always nice to know he's there.

klw
04-05-2007, 08:53 PM
If you look at a list of dies from Rapine and a list from CH they are the same.
I have a number of CH dies(all the weird odd calibers which they make in abundance)
and they are of a fine quality. I have never bought dies from Rapine but when I see him next month I will ask him.

So does he still live in Florida in the winter and up north in the summer?

macvcallsign
04-09-2007, 07:20 PM
If he died that's news to me. I only see him a couple of time a year. Will let you know.