PDA

View Full Version : Primer problem?

Bwana
03-03-2012, 10:57 PM
Since everybody else has a primer thread I thought I'd post what happened today. I went to OKCGC's monthly USPSA match and was using, as usual, my G23 with my 180gr Lee boolit, wspm, 3.5gr TG, R-P case load.
First round I fired was a less than expected report. Fortunately the target was only about five yards away and I could see the boolit hole and the gun had cycled so I continued firing.
So now I'm thinking somehow I have an ammo problem. That tends to throw off your game; but, I didn't have any more repeats. It took me until after the next stage to figure out what was probably going on.
Last night I had totally diassembled the gun and stoned down the burr at the front of the striker. I failed to run a pipe cleaner through the striker channel which is something I always do.
So I figure the primer acted the way it did due to a light strike and that what ever caused it, burr, debris, etc., cleared up. That's what I get for not doing the whole job. So I got to be anxious for a little while and actually did fairly well unless you want to count putting one into a "no shoot" target. It was just a flesh wound. Really, it just barely cut the perfs.

stubshaft
03-04-2012, 01:31 AM
The main thing is you probably identified the culprit. If you had gotten continuous, intermittent light strikes, it would be a different story.