PDA

View Full Version : Help! My Lee 4-20 pot won't pour...

ShooterAZ
03-02-2012, 09:15 PM
It has been working fine until this evening. I lift the handle and...nothing. I inserted a paper clip, and it will dribble with it up the spout. Otherwise it won't pour. Need help!I can't find my instruction manual.

WD2A7X3
03-02-2012, 09:20 PM
Did you try cranking the heat up more? Could be it's getting semi solid lead in the lower part of the nozzle. Next guess would be adjust the screw on top.

montana_charlie
03-02-2012, 09:25 PM
Instruction Manual ...
http://leeprecision.com/cgi-data/instruct/EL3469.pdf

CM

ShooterAZ
03-02-2012, 09:31 PM
I managed to find the instructions...it was the adjustment screw. Thanks guys!

Jamesconn
03-02-2012, 09:33 PM
When I was using my lee 20 pound pot I got clogs too crank the heat as high as it goes and I used wire I twisted a couple times to make it stiff. The paper clip probably isn't long enough let heat up on full power for 20 min and stick something up the bottom of the nozzle bend it to make it perpendicular so when you clear it ya don't get molten lead on your hand

30cal
03-02-2012, 09:34 PM
yep,try more heat if still no go your gonna have to empty it out somehow and clean it.After going round and roung with mine I VERY GENTLY poured it out onto my garage floor,After everything was out I took an undersized drill bit to clean out the pour hole then a wire brush on a drill to clean out the inside.No probs after that although my deal was from melting ww`s in it.I got another smelter just to use for that and my Lee is just for casting clean lead.

DrB
03-02-2012, 09:45 PM
I have had that very same problem where the adjustment screw head comes out of the detent in the spout rod...

My solution was to take a thin piece of copper wire and wire them together so they are pulled into each other.

Not only did it fix that annoying occasional pop out of the screw head from the detent, it completely eliminated the slow drip it seems is endemic to all lee bottom pour pots!

tomme boy
03-02-2012, 09:48 PM
I put a hose clamp on mine. The adjustment never moves.