PDA

View Full Version : Score

Jim Flinchbaugh
03-02-2012, 01:28 PM
Not the greatest deal, but a consistent one for my area.
Local 2nd hand tire dealer, 5 gallon bucket full of WW
50 bucks,
Now that is about average from what I read, but this time it was different,
The bucket was mostly presorted, no steel or zinc, 1 valve stem & 1 tiny plastic center cap from a hub cap. It nice to not buy **** with your gold :D
This'll put my stash of WW to about 400 pounds, with about 70 of pure, and 80 pounds of range lead, which BTW, should be in bloom at the range soon :mrgreen:
Slow and steady is my motto.
I do have some cash infusion coming my way soon in the form of settlement from an auto wreck. I WILL be on the hunt when I'm flush :drinks:

bumpo628
03-02-2012, 10:41 PM
How much lead did you end up getting out of that bucket?
Last time I got one, there was 80 lbs of lead in a 130 lb bucket.
It cost me $50 too, so it's getting to be pretty uneconomical.

10 ga
03-03-2012, 01:43 AM
I'm doing some rounding in my math but $50 for 80# is about $.025 per 215 gr boolit just for lead, still a bargain in my calculations. And VERY soon O'Bummer is gonna try to take that away from you. 10 ga

bumpo628
03-03-2012, 01:52 AM
I'm doing some rounding in my math but $50 for 80# is about $.025 per 215 gr boolit just for lead, still a bargain in my calculations. And VERY soon O'Bummer is gonna try to take that away from you. 10 ga

That's true about the cost per bullet. My point was about the raw WW. The price is getting pretty close to where it is better to buy ingotized lead here on the forum instead of sorting a bucket of weights and smelting them.

Pretty soon we'll all be using range lead...

Philngruvy
03-05-2012, 09:18 AM
Pretty soon we'll all be using range lead...

If you can get it!!! Two of the outdoor ranges I shoot at won't let you get any. The reason they give is that the EPA will fine them . They have to have it removed by an authorized hazmat disposal company. Personally, I think it is all a bunch of nonsense (I wanted to use another word but...). My son lives in Idaho Falls and the range just North of him allows you pick up range lead as long as you don't leave a mess. There is so much lead on the surface there that all you have to do is scoop it up!!! Man I wish I lived close to a range like that.