PDA

View Full Version : Loading 300 BLK on Dillon

HodakaGA
03-02-2012, 11:44 AM
I appreciate everyone's replies to my question about Blackout load data.

My next question is: Does anyone load cast in the Blackout on a Dillon and what powder funnel are you using?

Dillon lists the AK funnel for 300 Whisper. I don't think that funnel will bell the case mouth. Shouldn't I bell the mouth some for cast?

I'm thinking the 30 luger (C) or 32 ACP (S) would work better.

rockrat
03-02-2012, 12:01 PM
I plan on using my AK funnel, the using a Lyman "M" die to flare the casemouth. If you don't have an AK funnel already and are having to buy a funnel, the the 30 luger one should work well, I would think.

pipehand
03-02-2012, 09:54 PM
The 30 carbine powder through expander is the one you want for the Dillon 550. That's what I used when loading the 7.62x39. Got a very varying amount of belling in that cartridge when using stick powders- belled a lot when the powder granules sheared. Was very consistent with Reloader 7, a spherical powder. Good luck, and keep us informed with your progress.

HodakaGA
03-03-2012, 03:00 PM
Thanks. I'm just getting started in all this. Looks like I'll have plenty of time since DSA keeps putting off filling orders and Midway never has all the Blackout stuff in stock at one time (dies, Lee case length cutter parts) so I can save a bit on shipping.

Bear4570
05-27-2012, 11:49 AM
I contacted Dillion when I started loading for my 300 BO and they told me to use the AK funnel. Works like a charm and just like loading a pistol round, smooth.