PDA

View Full Version : Milsurp Postal Match

singleshotbuff
03-21-2007, 11:40 PM
Gentlemen,

Here is a link to the current milsurp postal match. Basically, any milsurp gun, with original sights, any load, benchrest at 50 yards. Please check it out and join us!

PLEASE E-MAIL ME FROM THE MATCH PAGE FOR ADDRESS TO SEND TARGETS!

http://postalmatch.marshalloutdoors.com

Thanks!!

SSB

handyrandyrc
03-25-2007, 06:51 PM
I got my entry printed today. Shot a pretty decent group (size of my hand with fingers outstretched) with the Yugoslavian SKS. I used my own cast Lee CTL312-160-2R, unsized from WW (the tumble-lube one for 7.62x39). This is my "pop gun" load of 6 grains Red Dot. Lube was Lee liquid Alox. Sounds just like a .22 LR, but when they connect, it's with a THWACK! I have to run the bolt manually.

David R
04-09-2007, 07:08 PM
Hey, I'm in if the snow ever goes away!

David

singleshotbuff
04-19-2007, 10:23 PM
OK gentlemen,

As of today, April 19th, I have exactly ONE entry in this postal match. The match ends on 5/31/07.

I need more targets!! I got a lot of e-mail from those who said they would shoot this match, I just need the targets now!

Thanks

SSB

Kraschenbirn
04-19-2007, 11:45 PM
Taking my K-31 and test-fire quantities of (3) different loads...(2) cast and (1) JB...to the range tomorrow. With any luck, should have a target in the mail over the weekend. Will probably also drag along my Trapdoor with 55gr FFG/400 gr PBRNs...might accidently generate something there, too.

Bill

garandsrus
04-23-2007, 03:30 PM
Singleshotbuff,

I am sending you some targets tomorrow... Shot them today. 03-A3 with cast loads :)

John

NVcurmudgeon
04-26-2007, 10:49 PM
OK gentlemen,

As of today, April 19th, I have exactly ONE entry in this postal match. The match ends on 5/31/07.

I need more targets!! I got a lot of e-mail from those who said they would shoot this match, I just need the targets now!

Thanks

SSB

I could have sent in my benchrest group earlier, but thought there was an offhand event also. Today I caught lightning in a bottle and shot a 2 1/16" offhand group. I'm mailing both targets tomorrow, I have to show the offhand group to somebody!

David R
05-06-2007, 12:35 PM
Going out to shoot today. Milsurp, 1917 enfield, 30'06, 311291, 13 grains RED DOT. Waiting for group buy 6 banger to show up. This is the best boolit for this gun.

David
Gonna kick some butt :)

singleshotbuff
05-17-2007, 04:01 PM
Gentlemen,

Just a reminder, the postal match closes May 31st. I'll post a "last call" at that time, then allow a week or so for any stragglers in the mail. Participation has been decent so far, I've recieved quite a few entries, and there has been some VERY GOOD shooting.

You still have time, get out there and shoot that old warhorse, then send me the targets.

SSB

garandsrus
05-17-2007, 09:47 PM
SSB,

Are the results to date posted somewhere?

Thanks,
John

David R
06-03-2007, 08:04 AM
I went and shot. Targets were just OK. Never sent em in, but I will post after results are posted.

Thanks, I needed to get out and shoot.

David

singleshotbuff
06-04-2007, 07:37 PM
Gentlemen,

Sorry I haven't been around the last few days, I'm having serious trouble with my phone line (dial-up). I've had limited access to the web for more than a week now. The phone company says they'll have it fixed tomorrow, maybe.

Anyway, this is the last call for targets forthe postal match. I'll wait until next friday, June 15th, for any targets that have been mailed. I'll post results at that time. If you have shot targets, you still have time to mail them to me.

Thanks to everyone who has participated. If there is enough interest, I may run another match in a month or so.

SSB

singleshotbuff
06-25-2007, 04:49 PM
Gentlemen,

My apologies for the delay in posting the results for the Milsurp postal match. Prior to yesterday, I had been without internet access (phone line) for a week, thanks to another storm. third time in a month!!

Anyway, here are the results;

1st place

4060MAY
Group size: .380" center to center
Rifle: Finn M28
Load details: 314299 sized .313", 15grs WC820

2nd place

GARANDSRUS
Group size: .498" center to center
Rifle: 1903A3
Load details: 311413 air cooled wheel weights sized .310", 16grs 2400, CCI-34 primer

3rd place

4060MAY
Group size: .799" center to center
Rifle: same as above
Load details: same as above

Very nice shooting guys!! Congrats to 4060MAY (twice LOL) and GARANDSRUS. However, there were a LOT of nice targets fired, it is truly amazing how well these old war horses will shoot.

My own conttibution, which I'll give honorable mention since I ran the match is;

Group size: .503" center to center
Rifle: K-31
Load setails: Lee 200gr FPGC w/o GC sized .309", 10grs Unique, WLR primer

I hope everyone had fun shooting in this match, hopefully it gave you a reason to take that old milsurp out to the range again.

If there is enough interest, I'd be willing to honcho another match over the summer or fall, we could put our heads together and decide on any changes that may be desired. Just let me know.

Thanks again to all who participated and congrats to the winners.

SSB

Bullshop
06-25-2007, 05:50 PM
HOTDOG ats some good shootin. Wuzat at a hunert, with irons?
BIC/BS

RayinNH
06-26-2007, 10:09 PM
Congrats to 4060May and Garandsrus. I won't mention my group size even though I was satisfied with it. You have to be able to see the sights to hit the target. That is something that gives me a lot of trouble now...Ray

garandsrus
06-26-2007, 10:48 PM
Bullshop,

50 yds, issue sights, from a bench

John

R.C. Hatter
01-22-2009, 07:10 PM
I would like to participate in Milsurp Postal Matches, but I could not get the link to come up so I could find out more about how to go about such matches. Personally I think it would be a lot of fun and pleasure in breaking out the old warhorses. Could someone provide information on this ? Type of targets used etc. ?