PDA

View Full Version : useable casing?

45fan
02-28-2012, 01:13 AM
Hello all, new to reloading and still gathering all the needed equipment and supplies to start casting. I have a 45 acp casing that has a dent in the side (I assume from hitting the ejection port on it way out) this is what it looks like after being run through my sizing die. Is this safe to reload? I have a few like this. I need to find out which of my guns is doing this to these casings.

220swiftfn
02-28-2012, 01:36 AM
Hello all, new to reloading and still gathering all the needed equipment and supplies to start casting. I have a 45 acp casing that has a dent in the side (I assume from hitting the ejection port on it way out) this is what it looks like after being run through my sizing die. Is this safe to reload? I have a few like this. I need to find out which of my guns is doing this to these casings.

Normal and safe to reload (usually it's the back corner of the ejection port on a 1911 that puts that dent there, OR, it's the feedramp on the way in......)

Dan

stubshaft
02-28-2012, 02:08 AM
I've loaded 45 ACP brass that looked like it was rin thru a disposal unit. In some cases I've had to iron out the mouths to get it to fit in the sizer die.

MtGun44
02-28-2012, 02:51 AM
Not an issue. Get your port lowered and flared to avoid brass damage.

Bill