PDA

View Full Version : Ebay- Get this!

Bret4207
03-20-2007, 08:48 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=018&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=280092156396&rd=1&rd=1

I'm going to buy 100 of them and become rich, rich, RICH!!!!!

MT Gianni
03-20-2007, 09:14 AM
P.T Barnum said it best. But really why buy from a catalog with a return policy and Graf & Son's 3.75 shipping when you can spend double elsewhere. Gianni

obssd1958
03-20-2007, 10:00 AM
What I don't understand is what someone in France would want with a cast boolit mold???

Does the gun drop faster if you have cast bullets?? And if so, why would you need to cast them - are you going to drop the gun many times and need new boolits each time??? :mrgreen:

Inquiring minds wish to know....

Don

DLCTEX
03-20-2007, 02:19 PM
It's always nice when this happens when you are the seller. Dale

Merc41
03-20-2007, 03:52 PM
Unbelievable! Just unbelievable!!

Kraschenbirn
03-20-2007, 04:18 PM
Weird, ain't it? I've been browsing for a suitable .38-55 mould for my new Uberti Highwall and in the last week or ten days there's been several used Lyman 375449's listed. Factoring in the (excessive!) shipping charges, all but one of those rascals has sold for more than Graf's price for a new mould. Go figure.

Bill

MT Chambers
03-20-2007, 04:25 PM
I've wondered about France..esp. since i found out that they have combined their War Museum with their Track and Field Museum into one bldg.

Ed Barrett
03-20-2007, 05:44 PM
As the old Navy saying goes "I wish I had two of them, one to S##T on and one to cover it up with"

Bret4207
03-20-2007, 08:29 PM
Here's another one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180095851629&rd=1&rd=1

HEY!!! ANYONE FROM LYMAN READING THIS !!!! LOOK HERE!!! YOU"RE LOOSING MONEY!!!!

RugerFan
03-20-2007, 08:40 PM
Here's another one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180095851629&rd=1&rd=1

HEY!!! ANYONE FROM LYMAN READING THIS !!!! LOOK HERE!!! YOU"RE LOOSING MONEY!!!!

$227 for a mold??? Unreal! I saw some .358 Win brass today on eBay and the bidding was up to $34.33 for 50. Its not hard to find em for $19.95 if you look.

birdhunters
03-20-2007, 09:01 PM
Ah but Bret, the key to such a price on a holow point mould is "Rare" or "Vintage"
If you use one of these two words you can almost rest assured that you will get twice the price for which an item is worth. There is so much mis-representation on jip-bay that it really fringes on fraud.

John Boy
03-20-2007, 09:54 PM
This is a COMMERCIAL post:
I have a RARE piece of real estate for sale ... The Brooklyn Bridge. Insurance included! [smilie=1:

hydraulic
03-20-2007, 10:27 PM
Same thing happens on the farm auctions here in Nebraska. They'll bring out an old B&D electric drill and it will bring $5 more than you can buy them new a Walmart.

fatnhappy
03-20-2007, 11:52 PM
Here's another one.

I was watching this one and chuckling to myself, since another identical 311041 HP went for only $75, at the same time.

BTW a single cavity 3589 went for $127.

Hey lyman, I need you to come out with a "classic limited edition" line of moulds to fund my retirement.

BTW, I saw an unusual NIB lyman 4 cavity mould recently, with handles. It had 3 cavities cherried for a 148 dewc, and the fourth was a 358318 rifle boolit. It went for $70

leftiye
03-21-2007, 12:02 AM
Well, if Lyman's losing money it's because they discontinued all of these molds. Also because they're apparently not paying attention to things like the prices these molds will bring, and because they don't offer them as special order only.

IcerUSA
03-21-2007, 12:21 AM
That Lee mold went for 81 bucks, geezzzzzzzzzz LOL

BustemAgain
03-21-2007, 01:26 AM
FatnHappy that second 311041 HP eventually went for more than the first onehttp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200089293885&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fse arch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26satitle%3D200089293885%26f vi%3D1

Check what this relatively common Hollowpoint mould went for
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200089296352&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fse arch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26satitle%3D200089296352%26f vi%3D1

Lyman should get of their butt and respond to what would appear to be an obvious market or sell the mould business to someone who will. Now that would be the mother of all group buys.:razz:

leftiye
03-21-2007, 05:45 AM
Heck you don't have to go to eBay to pay double what Graf & Sons costs. Midway will do that for you, at least as far as shipping goes. They'll even charge you again for any back ordered items. Bad news is I think they drop ship most of what they sell, so about two thirds of what you buy will be backordered. First timer, I'll be real careful next time (if there is one)

garandsrus
03-21-2007, 08:01 AM
Leftiye,

I have bought a lot of stuff from Midway and rarely is anything back ordered. If it is, I have them send me an email when it's back in stock and then I can put an order together.

I agree with your comments on the double whack for shipping though. It doesn't seem quite right...

John

Texasflyboy
03-21-2007, 08:58 AM
What I don't understand is what someone in France would want with a cast boolit mold???Does the gun drop faster if you have cast bullets?? And if so, why would you need to cast them - are you going to drop the gun many times and need new boolits each time??? :mrgreen:

Inquiring minds wish to know....Don

Well, you asked, so here is your answer.

France has many cast shooters, a lot more now thanks to me, and others here in Texas. In 2006, I married a French gal, whose father is a retired Army general. We live here in Texas some of the time, and over there some of the time. And now, he's a budding cast bullet shooter. I need to find out if he has an eBay account, that might be him or one of his friends.

I may need to send a few more moulds their way...:-D ...I've told them time and time again about eBay, and since the Euro is so strong against the dollar right now, the price paid for that mould + shipping direct is a lot less than what he would have had to pay to get it from a local distributor. The price paid is pretty cheap compared to what they would have to pay after the conversion of E to Dollar.

Stereotypes aside, I've found through personal experience that a lot of French shooters get to enjoy the shooting sports almost as much as we do. For one thing, suppressors are an over the counter item, and their use is encouraged. I've shot my suppressed Ruger MKII for hours in the middle of a quiet French beachside town, right in the courtyard. Really easy to walk out the kitchen door and set up targets in the backyard. Casting is easy to setup, lead is cheap and plentiful (It's still used in a lot more applications locally than here in the U.S., remember EPA is a U.S. agency only).

The rules there are different. Just different. Learn the rules and you can enjoy your sport.

Aside from what you read and hear on the media outlets, we shooters and casters have many friends in France, just as angry with the idiots in Gov't who do and say things they don't agree with.

I do what I can to encourage their interested in casting and shooting, including a yearly casting class that I try and do each time I visit my father-in-law at his home. Two years ago, it was just him, me, and one other guy. Last year, we had about 15 guys there, all taking notes, filming, and I started at 8AM on a Saturday morning, and they would not let me leave until 11PM, and we continued the discussion well into the night at the local bar. When I started to nap on the bar, they finally took pity on me and let me go home to a rather angry newlywed wife. My problems had just started, unknown to me....[smilie=1:

Next year I intend to introduce Cast Rifle into their midst along with a couple of SAECO luber/sizers that are perfect for seating gas checks on all those H&G #99's I've been sending him by slow boat.

France still has and encourages apprenticeships in the various trades, it's regarded an honorable and profitable way to make a living. As a side benefit to that, I asked my Father in Law (FIL) if he knew someone who could make me a foot activated air driven gas check maker. Hours later we were sitting in a little machine shop in the next town over. I sketched out the concept, the guy took one look at it and said in French "It's making little discs"...he got it right away. I expect to pick up the prototype this summer when I visit. When I get time, I will post a movie of it working. Total cost was $165 U.S.

The last comment I will make about the misunderstanding that exists in regards to French shooting sports, is that the Internet is a world forum. I don't know how many folks here read and speak French, but 90% of the shooters I visit with over there read and speak English. And they do come here, to this website. Mainly because I invite them here.

I would think a welcome mat would be eminently more productive in growing their numbers than any other type of reception.

But that's just my .02...:???:

MT Gianni
03-21-2007, 09:22 AM
Flyboy, Glad to hear it. Too many blast away at countries in general without knowing a thing about the people. Gianni.

scrapcan
03-21-2007, 10:07 AM
Flyboy,

I agree with MTGianni. Good to hear form someone with some real field experience, instead of heresay and trash talk. The masses get to take the brunt of the world for the actions of a few. hate to hear what they say about our beloved government. Or is it that we really don't have much good to say about our own government these days?

obssd1958
03-21-2007, 11:04 AM
AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Just once I try to be funny, and I end up stepping on toes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:oops:

Texasflyboy,
I appreciate your reply, and the education you have brought to both this board and our compatriots overseas. I sincerely apologise for any feelings that I might have hurt.

Don

DLCTEX
03-21-2007, 02:27 PM
I have no bones to pick with the French people, but their government is free game due to their policies and treatment of a faithful ally. I lost an Uncle at Normandy, saving their butts. If they want more respect they should make some changes, JMO Dale

drinks
03-21-2007, 04:56 PM
They even have French Handiholics, I know one who buys Lee molds from Lee, shoots .30-30, .45-70 and another I cannot recall.
He specializes in slow stuff, mostly below 1100fps and with suppressors.
Seems many European countries not only allow but encourage them. I understand in Britain the health authorities made laws against them be repealed on hearing loss prevention grounds.
Think how many more places we could shoot if the noise was not annoying to the neighbors.
I have 3.5ac and could set up a nice range but have too many places too close, the neighbors would raise hell, although their weedeaters, chain saws and kids on 4 wheelers are at least as annoying and loud.
;[

madcaster
03-21-2007, 09:59 PM
Alrighty Fellas!
Just which one of you has the 8 cavity #30 caliber Ideal Armoury mould on EBay?
Someone named CA Reloader or some such name.
I wonder what it will finally sell for?I'm kinda thinking about $275.00
I am going to bid,and if any of you want to bid it sure will NOT bother my feelings.
Jeff.

Texasflyboy
03-21-2007, 10:11 PM
AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Just once I try to be funny, and I end up stepping on toes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:oops:

Texasflyboy,
I appreciate your reply, and the education you have brought to both this board and our compatriots overseas. I sincerely apologise for any feelings that I might have hurt.

Don

Don, I do have a sense of humor and no offense was taken from your post. No apology is necessary to me. I posted because I wanted to take the opportunity to reverse the trend, knowing full well I have a long, probably lifetime, uphill battle ahead of me to educate folks.

My FIL makes Cajun jokes all the time, and I make French ones. When we tire of that, we pick on the Canadians....(for those who don't know, French speaking Canadians have the ability to make any Frenchman laugh until wine shoots out of his nose just speaking French...it's an accent thing) When I want my Tante (Aunt) to chuckle, I mimic a really good Québécois accent... She will giggle all day over that.

So, all in good fun. It's just that I am one of the few people here, on this board, with direct knowledge that counters the given stereotype of the French. Before I met my wife, I probably would not have taken the time to post, but since I spend so much time over there, I decided that I may as well start educating my friends here, that we (still) have friends there. My FIL proudly flies the Stars & Stripes above his home each day I am there in his small beachside town, a gesture I am hard-pressed to duplicate here deep in the heart of Texas when he comes here. He understands, but it still irks me I can't fly the tri-color without the comments starting to fly.

How many here have a Father in Law that arranged for a Thompson SMG shoot as a bachelor party? (that's another post...:-)

Chirac and and world ambitions aside, it's important to know that France had, still has, and will continue to have folks who like to shoot, cast boolits, and generally involve themselves in shooting sports.

I have a one man mission, and I know it isn't an easy one.:mrgreen:

dk17hmr
03-22-2007, 04:06 AM
ebay is a great thing...unless you are buying something

2 weeks ago I sold 10 (ten) 303 Savage once fired empties for $25 shipped. The guy was pretty excited like he found something rare the other 8 people that bidded on it must have thought the same thing, but down the page a little more was 50 new with a buy it now of $40.

Garage sales + ebay= $$$$

Last summer I bought a micrometer at a garage sale for $20 6"-12" Lufkin. I sold it on ebay for $210 if I remember correctly. I also have a bayonet listed that I bought on a rifle at a garge sale for $175, I have a fealin it will sky rocket before it closes there are 27 watchers and it has almost already paid for the rifle I bought it on.

DLCTEX
03-24-2007, 06:43 AM
Now someone, jammin jimmy, has bid $40 on a Lee single cav. 54 REAL mold, used. I thought maybe prices had gone up, but it's still available from Lee for $20 and I'll bet their shipping is cheaper. There's still 3 hours left if anyone wants to get in on this. DALE
Well, he wound up paying $50 used for a mold midway sells for $15 new. Wow!

charger 1
03-24-2007, 06:49 AM
That Lee mold went for 81 bucks, geezzzzzzzzzz LOL

Damn I knew I shoulda went higher than 80. Live and learn. Some guys were just born lucky I guess

Ben
03-24-2007, 07:11 AM
A lot of people who sell molds on Ebay amaze me ! !

They close the mold in their photos so you can't see the inside of the cavities.

They photograph the mold at 3 a.m. in the bottom of a cave to be certain that you can't see any detail.

They won't describe the mold properly, but will put in real accurate descriptions like, 3/8 " .

Ben

Buckshot
03-25-2007, 02:27 AM
..............I like how so many people selling moulds on fleabay don't know anything about them. Or should I say, ACT like they don't? Check out what else they're selling and most or lots is gun related.

And like Ben posted, the photo is so poor you don't know if it's a boolit mould or a wash tub you're looking at. "Appears to be in good shape" now THERE's an escape clause for ya :-)

"I was told this is a bullet mould, but I don't know anything about it. It appears to be in good shape, so far as I could tell. It has some numbers on the side of it and they're :

or
311407, or 311467
or

(or pick some other desireable mould). It also has somehting scratched on the side that looks like "E Keith" or something close to it. It looks old do it's probably "VINTAGE", and somebody said they don't make this one anymore".

There. Have we fanned the fires yet, HA!

.................Buckshot

trk
03-25-2007, 08:55 AM
[QUOTE=Buckshot;164928
...And like Ben posted, the photo is so poor you don't know if it's a boolit mould or a wash tub you're looking at. "Appears to be in good shape" now THERE's an escape clause for ya :-)
...........Buckshot[/QUOTE]

Those are what I call "weasle words".