PDA

View Full Version : Loving my NOE 40 cal mold!

Hounddog
02-25-2012, 02:08 AM
Because of my close proximity to NOE I decided to head down and pay a visit to the Swede and pick up my mold in person. I ordered a 180 grn aluminum hollow point mold from him and after chatting with Al for a bit I headed home with new mold in hand.

This is my first custom mold. I have cut my teeth this year on Lee molds and have learned how to fiddle with them enough to get consistent results. I now have 10 Lee molds and have been happy with them so far. This mold is no Lee mold. Like comparing a Geo Metro and a Cadillac!

Took me a while to get used to NOE's RG style of hollow point pins, but once I got the mold up to temp I was amazed at how well this thing dropped bullets. Another thing that struck me was how quickly I had made a pile of boolits. Even though it is a two banger, not having to constantly fiddle with the mold sped up my casting immensely.

Thanks go out to the Swede and NOE for a quality mold. I will definitely recommend them and be buying many more in the future. Anyone on the fence about ponying up the cash should just do it. You won't be disappointed!

Hounddog

shootinxd
02-25-2012, 08:48 AM
Nice!!!!!!!!!Shootin time.

Blammer
02-25-2012, 12:14 PM
Outstanding!

I've had the same results with my NOE 9mm RG2. I like it a lot!

Hounddog
02-26-2012, 11:50 PM
Cast, lubed, sized, and finally shot these 170 grain hollowpoints. Cooked up a few sets of workup loads with Titegroup, WST, Unique, and WSF. These are cast out of range scrap and weighed around 175 grains. Lubed with my own homemade Super Pink lube and loaded to 1.100" OAL. All rounds cycled my M&P40 perfectly and didn't have any FTE's or FTF's. WST was the clear favorite with 5.7 grains getting them all in the black from 25 feet. Looking forward to cooking up my next set with Power Pistol, AA#7, 800x, and some Longshot.

Hounddog

Blammer
02-27-2012, 06:37 PM
Looks like you got it down!