PDA

View Full Version : Not a Hensley & Gibbs Bullet Mould

Texasflyboy
02-24-2012, 10:56 AM
Not a George A. Hensley or Hensley & Gibbs Bullet Mould (http://www.ebay.com/itm/H-G-Hensley-Gibbs-8-cavity-38-Special-WC-USED-w-handle-OLD/170789773261)

eBay. FYI for the board.

Ronbo256
02-24-2012, 01:21 PM
Ok, I'll take your word for it, you are the expert! Who made that mold then?

runfiverun
02-25-2012, 03:29 PM
it's still at 26 bucks, too bad i have that mold in a 4 cavity allready or i'd bid on it.
don't care who made/makes the mold i do care that it makes good boolits.
i'd sure hate to bid it up to 300.00 though thinking it was an H&G.

MtGun44
02-26-2012, 02:22 AM
Clearly the venting is not H&G style.

Bill

gbrown
02-26-2012, 10:49 AM
That venting kind of reminds me of Lachmiller molds I have seen, but the vent lines were on the top of the 3 cavity. I don't know whether they made 8 cavity or not.

MikeS
02-26-2012, 11:40 PM
I think that's a SAECO 8 cavity mould. Sure looks like one to me, but I could be wrong.

Hamish
02-26-2012, 11:54 PM
While the effort to help those on the forum from making a mistake is one we hopefully would all make, if I *knew* the seller had incorrect info, I would be sorely tempted to let them know.

For those who have handled and cast with more than a few moulds, does'nt it raise a red flag when a seller states they have "deburred" a mould?

MikeS
02-27-2012, 12:09 AM
Yes, saying a mould has been deburred does send up a red flag to me. I've found that very few eBay sellers are interested in being corrected, and if it means identifying their product as one less desirable than they're listing it as, they get even less interested in corrections.

stubshaft
02-27-2012, 01:01 AM
The venting looks like a homemade jobbie. One of the mold halves has an extra deep vent line and all of the vent lines do nothing to vent the cavities.

gbrown
02-27-2012, 01:13 AM
MikeS: I have 2 SAECO 8 cavities, and they don't have any vent lines like that. 068 and 457. Maybe some others did, I don't know.

MBTcustom
02-27-2012, 01:34 AM
I dont get it, those vent lines go nowhere. How is that supposed to work anyway? I have a H&G mold and it has many fine vent lines crossing into the cavities, nothing like that. Although it does have that heavy sprue plate, you dont suppose its a realy old H&G do you? You know, before they figured out what vent lines are used for?[smilie=b:

MikeS
02-27-2012, 03:54 AM
The mould certainly has similarities to a SAECO mould. My SAECO 8 cavity mould has vent lines that look similar to the ones on my mould except that on mine the vent lines go all the way from the top of the mould to the bottom. Also my mould only has two alignment pins along the bottom of the mould, not four like the eBay mould has.

I don't think it matters if the mould is a flawed SAECO, or something totally home made, the fact is that it's NOT an H&G which is what it's being listed as! Now that hopefully any forum member that was interested in that mould has been warned, I think all we can do now is sit back and watch it sell to some unsuspecting buyer.

Texasflyboy
02-27-2012, 04:00 PM
The seller emailed me this AM that he had pulled the auction to relist it.

StratsMan
02-27-2012, 06:28 PM
I got one of those mails, too... asked him to post pics of the H&G numbers on the outside of the mold...

runfiverun
02-27-2012, 08:55 PM
they would vent from one cavity to the other.

shotstring
02-28-2012, 06:01 AM
Yes, saying a mould has been deburred does send up a red flag to me. I've found that very few eBay sellers are interested in being corrected, and if it means identifying their product as one less desirable than they're listing it as, they get even less interested in corrections.

Isn't that the truth. After explaining to a seller listing the same H & G mold that he had sold weeks before that wasn't a return, that condition is everything to collectors of high end H & G molds and the picture he was showing was for a mold he no longer had - his response was to pull the ad, but to ban me from all his future auctions. Great.