PDA

View Full Version : ID these parts?

Revolver
02-23-2012, 04:49 PM
If anyone can ID any of these parts I would love to know! Thanks.

30cal
02-23-2012, 05:08 PM
The bottom one is easy enough,a trigger assembly for some bolt gun.the 4 things in the middle appear to die parts,keep wanting to say Hearters but not sure.The tallest one is a shell holder.And the curved black thing has me stumped,sorry

tmanbuckhunter
02-23-2012, 05:11 PM
The bottom is a trigger, possibly to a mauser or model 700? Not sure. The knurled nut looks like some sort of peep sight insert for a receiver mounted peep sight, possibly lyman or redfield. The tall chrome thing is a shell holder. Curved thing has me stumped to.

Bent Ramrod
02-23-2012, 05:12 PM
You have a "J" type Lyman shellholder for the Tru-Line Sr, Jr, and Comet press. The big black thing looks like a guard for a grinding wheel. The black screw looks like a gib screw for a lathe or milling machine, the silver knurled one might fit into a Lyman sizer/luber; in any case it is some kind of set screw. The hollow knurled piece probably is part of the adjustment of a seating stem in a reloading die. Which one I don't know.

The trigger looks like one of those aftermarket adjustable triggers for a Mauser or Springfield that were popular replacements back during the days of "sporterizing." It still looks like a two-stage, with the screw to adjust the sear contact.

My best guesses.

W.R.Buchanan
02-23-2012, 05:27 PM
The hollow knurled piece is the bottom of a powder measure(RCBS) where you stick the case up into. That's a for sure!

The part right behind it is a shell holder.

Trigger is from some military rifle maybe Mauser or Mauser clone.

Thumbscrew could e form anything, and the oter stud as well.

And the guard looks like a belt guard from a small lathe. It also could be a guard for a grinding wheel.

What do we win if we are right?

Randy

454PB
02-23-2012, 05:44 PM
The threaded rod looks like a depth adjustment rod for a Lyman 450 lubrisizer.

429421Cowboy
02-24-2012, 02:16 AM
Threaded rod on the right looks to me to be a stem for a seating die, whatever the nose profile may be? Then shellholder in the middle.

JMtoolman
02-24-2012, 10:44 AM
I think the black threaded piece with the rod in it is an adjustment for the depth of a Lyman lube and sizer tool. Looks like the one on my luber anyway. The rest of the pieces have all ready been named right. The toolman.

dpaultx
02-24-2012, 11:12 AM
What is the number (letter) stamped on that type "J" shellholder for the Lyman Tru-Line press.

I might need that!! :-)

Revolver
02-27-2012, 09:28 AM
Thanks for all your help!

You have a "J" type Lyman shellholder for the Tru-Line Sr, Jr, and Comet press.

Excellent, thank you!

The hollow knurled piece is the bottom of a powder measure(RCBS) where you stick the case up into. That's a for sure!

Good job! You are right.

What is the number (letter) stamped on that type "J" shellholder for the Lyman Tru-Line press.

What do we win if we are right?

My everlasting gratitude!

And to everyone who thought the black threaded thing was for a lyman lube-sizer, you are probably right. It resembles the part on my RCBS LAM but is shorter.

10x
02-27-2012, 09:55 AM
Thanks for all your help!

Excellent, thank you!

Good job! You are right.

My everlasting gratitude!

And to everyone who thought the black threaded thing was for a lyman lube-sizer, you are probably right. It resembles the part on my RCBS LAM but is shorter.

everlasting gratitude and a buck fifty will get a cup of coffee...

Texas Tinker
02-28-2012, 07:08 PM
I'd agree that the trigger looks like a Mauser design

The black curved piece at the rear is a gaurd from a small machine, probably a pedistal grinder or small bench top lathe.

John Boy
02-28-2012, 07:40 PM
Unless one has the missing parts - they all fall in the category of junk

scrapcan
02-28-2012, 08:13 PM
The j shellholder is for 30-06 size case head.

gandydancer
02-28-2012, 08:18 PM
the curved black thingy is a brake drum off of a Henry J

Bealzybub
03-02-2012, 11:33 PM
I'm going with a guard for some type of grinder or buffer on the black curvy thing on the top.