PDA

View Full Version : All Is Not Well At Glock

alamogunr
02-20-2012, 12:46 PM
Just ran across this on the net:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ex-glock-attorney-accused-stealing-153945667.html

MajorJim
02-20-2012, 01:26 PM
Some additional color: http://www.ajc.com/business/former-glock-ceo-to-1355607.html

Sex, booze, influence peddling, accusations of tax fraud, embezzlement, embezzlement by the special investigators investigating embezzlement, .....WOW.

MtGun44
02-20-2012, 07:08 PM
Sounds like Mr. Glock is not a very good judge of character when hiring
employees.

Bill

starmac
02-20-2012, 07:33 PM
Sounds like he is making big bucks, if these kinds of dollar figures can be stolen and not immediately noticed. Maybe we should start an occupy glock movement. lol

Harter66
02-20-2012, 07:43 PM
What's humorous to me ,in my sick/sarcastic/twisted way,is that everyone on trial are lawyers and or have been in Distrip-off-Columbia.

Just asking for trouble hiring lawyers to figure out money problems. You don't hire CPAs to handle wrongful death do you?

garym1a2
02-20-2012, 08:02 PM
This is about as bad as what happened to their shooting team and the Glock Gen 4 issues. They have best start minding the store better.

MikeD7
02-20-2012, 08:53 PM
I wonder if the firm auditing Glock caught them?

bbs70
02-21-2012, 11:35 AM
What's humorous to me ,in my sick/sarcastic/twisted way,is that everyone on trial are lawyers and or have been in Distrip-off-Columbia.

Just asking for trouble hiring lawyers to figure out money problems. You don't hire CPAs to handle wrongful death do you?

Funny, thats exactly what I was thinking when I read the link.

Millions of dollars flying around, lawyers, former federal prosecutors in upper management, and money missing.
What a suprise.

Uncle Jimbo
02-21-2012, 11:56 AM
Funny, thats exactly what I was thinking when I read the link.

Millions of dollars flying around, lawyers, former federal prosecutors in upper management, and money missing.
What a suprise.

I agree. Pretty much what I was thinking.
"Why am I not surprised" :groner:

Ed Barrett
02-21-2012, 12:51 PM
Now that they got rid of the large leak of profits, the price of Glocks should drop. <G>

300winmag
02-21-2012, 01:13 PM
Now that they got rid of the large leak of profits, the price of Glocks should drop. <G>
It would be nice if a company would lower the prices when they find out something like this, but it seems that the consumer has to absorb the cost of the mistakes, legal cost and all else they loose.
The thief gets away with a hand slap and the economy suffers.

quilbilly
02-21-2012, 01:14 PM
sex, fraud, embezzlement, tax fraud, booze. Sounds like the Democrat Party

starmac
02-21-2012, 02:01 PM
I worked on a fraud deal, the bank had forclosed and had 20 loads of peanuts for their 5 million dollar investment. They owed more warehouse rent than the peanuts were worth. The lawyer handling the deal told me the guy would spend a year at the most in prison, but people figure that is just the cost of doing business these days, as he had a few million stashed some where.
I was involved in another deal involving alfalfa hay, where the guy sold several million dollars worth of hay, and never paid for it or the pellet mill he bought to process it with. He spent 6 months for fraud, but had millions stashed. He got out of prison and never checked into the halfway house he was supposed to live a year in, and they never as far as I know found him, and probably didn't look that hard either.

Idaho Sharpshooter
02-22-2012, 02:35 AM
Add another new phrase to our sport to go along with "Glock Leg."

Rich

Denver
02-26-2012, 12:38 PM
Always said, lawyers can steal more with a briefcase than anyone else could with a pistol. Seems kinda appropriate in this case. :bigsmyl2:

Bill*
02-26-2012, 02:49 PM
Maybe they hired Ben Cannon? ;-)