PDA

View Full Version : Concealed Carry Class

02-20-2012, 07:17 AM
On Saturday I used boolits to qualify for my concealed carry permit. I have other handguns but the M29 is the 1 I've been shooting the most lately.

Jim
02-20-2012, 10:08 AM
That's a good feelin', ain't it, Wade? [smilie=w:

DLCTEX
02-20-2012, 11:30 AM
I have used boolits both times I qualified. This time I can just renew online due to a change in Texas law.[smilie=w: Just $37 since I'm a senior citizen, getting old has a few perks.

MikeD7
02-20-2012, 11:35 AM
My instructor required factory loads to qualify. I wish I could have shot my reloads.

I have used boolits both times I qualified. This time I can just renew online due to a change in Texas law.[smilie=w: Just $37 since I'm a senior citizen, getting old has a few perks.

I hope they change the law here in Ohio soon. We have to re-qualify every 10 years which means $$$

jmsj
02-20-2012, 02:15 PM
Good for you!
I too have used my cast boolits to qualify and requalify. It gives me quite a bit of confidence and satisfaction to know that my ammo is going to run the gun all the time.
Here is a funny story about qualifying for CCW. When I qualified for the first time, I shot next to a guy w/ a Kimber Match Tatical. He had a holographic sight, flashlight and laser mounted to his gun. For all he tried, he could not get his gun to run. Fast foward a couple of years to requalifying, He shows up w/ a tricked out S&W performance shop revolver. More lasers and flashlights hanging on this unit also. After firing his first cylinder, I see him hammering on the ejector rod trying to get his moon clip to eject. I was shooting a Ruger Bisley/Vaqureo and I was putting my gun back into my shooting box and he was still on the line trying to get all his shots fired.
I guess he did not know how to match his ammo to his guns. If you try and give him any advice he basically says so and so says this and he knows better than you. Oh well.
jmsj

missionary5155
02-20-2012, 05:11 PM
Greetings
Down here in LLama Land I get to do the routine every 5 years. Amounts to getting 10 shots on a 2 foot x 2 foot target at 5 meters without hurting anyone else. Any safe cartige is OK. Only have to shoot one handgun to qualify to carry any handgun I have a license for. Here it is all about money moving to the government.
Mike in Peru

a.squibload
02-20-2012, 05:34 PM
No qualification in CO, but most courses include a range session.

birdadly
02-20-2012, 05:35 PM
Congrats! I had to shoot at 5 clay pigeons thrown from a house with a 20 gauge and sit through a class that didn't speak of handguns in order to pass for my conceal carry permit. Okay, it was for Hunters Safety but that was good enough to get a CC permit too. I find that odd, but oh well. Although I now have my permit, I'd still like to take at least 1 CC class if not more. -Brad

02-20-2012, 09:07 PM
I love shooting my boolits. The instructor said "oh my land" when I pulled out 8 3/8" of barrel. But later he said you are shooting pretty good.

Bullet Caster
02-21-2012, 02:04 AM
Way to go 292. In my CCW class the instructor made fun of my Hi-Point 9mm. He told me that he didn't think I'd have shown up with a Hi-Point. I told him it was cheaper to shoot my C9 rather than my 1911 .45acp. I was under the impression that the instructors weren't allowed to bad mouth a fellow's gun! Oh well...I got my CCW permit in TN with my C9. BC