PDA

View Full Version : mic mcpherson actions please take a look.

Lloyd Smale
03-18-2007, 07:13 AM
http://www.sixshootercommunity.com/McPherson_Benefit.html .

There has been a few things added like a ruger super blackhawk nib and theres suppose to be a custom .35 levergun comming please consider bidding on something or donating something to the cause.

Bass Ackward
03-18-2007, 07:35 AM
Lloyd,

Might help if you posted some details about why this is happening.

w30wcf
03-18-2007, 08:44 AM
Bass Ackward,

Mic's wife has been ill for some time now. In part, here is some information that has been posted at leverguns.

As some of you may already be aware, Mic's wife, Peggy, has severe diabetes and nearly died recently, due to the poor medical management of an infection in her feet, which was not detected early enough because of advanced neuropathy (Mic was out of town when this started).

Peg’s illness has been an ongoing battle. Over the last few years, they have spent everything they have trying to save as much of her vision as possible, with amazing success (two great ophthalmologists and God’s will saved her right eye). She still has 20/50 vision in that eye; the other eye is amazingly stable after all of this.

This February, they were finally able to get health insurance through Peggy's former employer (former now because for she cannot go back to work). That plan pays 80% of most medical costs. The remaining costs associated with her latest difficulties are hitting the family extraordinarily hard.

Frankly, it is a miracle that Peggy survived the infection and the medical mistakes. When I posted a prayer request at Leverguns.com, she was intermittently delirious and unconscious for nearly two days, fighting for her very life

To quote Mic from one of his many emails, "God has been good to us and I still have my wife and I am trying to live every moment as if it were the last, but I also have to try to figure out how to save our house and such — making a living. I am extremely frustrated that I can find so little time and energy to work on projects, so many of which are inexcusably delayed already."

Mic reports that God has already sent two financial miracles during these ordeals and that those have made all the difference.

The prayers and good will towards Mic and Peggy have been very powerful in their lives, but I was wondering if perhaps we should do more? A member under the moniker of "Mashaffer" at Leverguns suggested a fundraiser on Mic's behalf, and I have shamelessly stolen his idea.

This has never been done before on any forum that I know of, but it seems a logical extension of who we are as a community at Leverguns and Sixgunner, as well as our friends at Handloads and the 454 Casull Forum to offer such charity.

I can honestly say, that Mic is aghast at such an idea. He told me, "As to the fund, that just scares me silly for it merely forces me to recognize just how financially grim things are here."

Furthermore, he is extremely embarrassed that anyone has to learn of their situation.

But Mic loves his wife, and as would any good husband, is willing to sacrifice everything — even his pride and dignity — to help her, whatever it takes. As he wrote in one of his emails: "So, if someone wants to help, and truly feels guided to do so, and can afford it, and knows of no one else who needs it more, we certainly need it and I will accept that help for Peggy’s sake because that might allow us to survive and not loose our house."

To that end, an account has been opened in Peggy's honor at the First National Bank of Cortez in Cortez, Colorado. Banks can no longer administer such fundraisers because of new federal laws; hence, Mic has access to this account. Any contributions will only go toward paying medical bills and related expenses.

Please feel free to call or write the bank to verify the legitimacy of this account. All the contact information is listed below. If anyone else should feel so inclined, please feel free to send a check or money order to the bank. Please post that you did so on this thread, so thanks can be given to you for your help!

Please make out your check to:

PAM Medical Assistance Fund
Post to:
Pam Medical Assistance Fund, C/O
First National Bank of Cortez
PO Drawer A
Cortez, CO 81321

Telephone: 970 565-3781

Thanks and God Bless to all those who are able and willing to give

The complete thread is here:
http://leverguns.sixgunner.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=28322

w30wcf