PDA

View Full Version : I finally found a use for my Lee 1000

hunter64
02-19-2012, 01:08 PM
After buying a Dillon 550 and a Hornady LNL my Lee 1000 jam-o-matic has been sitting in the bottom of my reloading cabinet doing nothing for a few years now.

Recently made a case tumbler and converted over to stainless steel pins to clean my brass and I was using my trusty old Rockchucker to deprime some cases to get cleaned. I was on about my 200th .45acp case when I remembered I have a lee universal deprimer die and that old lee 1000 sitting and doing nothing.

Put the universal deprimer die in station one, attached the 4 tube case feeder thing and loaded it up with .45acp brass. Man I just flew thru the depriming job, the brass was deprimed and nothing else and in no time I had the 500 cases that I needed to clean in the drum and cleaning.

Did the same thing for some .357 mag. , just change the shell plate and the height of the case feeder and away you go.

Sure saved me a lot of time depriming my pistol cases and for the first time I was not yelling or swearing at the lee 1000.

r1kk1
02-19-2012, 01:40 PM
That's a great idea! I bet it did make the job easier to do. Give a tool a new job.

take care,

r1kk1

blikseme300
02-19-2012, 02:31 PM
Dang!, I should have patented this idea.[smilie=l:

I use my 1000's exactly the same way. Great for preparing brass for cleaning.

Bliksem

rodsvet
02-19-2012, 10:45 PM
I gave mine to my brother in law and now he won't speak to me. He seems irritable all the time and very depressed. I should have used it for a boat anchor. Rod