PDA

View Full Version : Kodiak bear tag

RugerFan
02-18-2012, 03:23 AM
I drew a 2012 Brown bear tag for Kodiak Island. Unfortunately what I got was for spring Non-resident. I had submitted for the fall resident version. I won’t even be home till June, so I can’t even go on a spring hunt this year. Needless to say I am a bit frustrated right now. I will be calling F&G next week and hope they will make it right. [smilie=b:

x101airborne
02-18-2012, 07:05 AM
I wish you luck. Both on getting your tag changed and on collecting a bear. Stay safe over there.

Rafe Covington
02-18-2012, 08:19 AM
I wish you luck. Both on getting your tag changed and on collecting a bear. Stay safe over there.

Thank you for your service:awesome:

Rafe

1Shirt
02-18-2012, 10:19 AM
Good luck Ruger Fan, think the Ak officials may work with you. Hope you get a nice one. I got mine in 1976 out of Port Hyden, thrill of a lifetime, as I was then a resident of Ak., and it was fair chase (no guide) Will never again be able to afford another huntl like that.
1Shirt!

dmize
02-18-2012, 11:05 AM
Wow. My life dream.
I also hope that Ak F&G will work with you and you get the fall hunt.
Good luck,take care of yourself over there and Thank You.

GLynn41
02-18-2012, 11:18 AM
hay what would you hunt with --hope you get to hunt

RugerFan
02-18-2012, 12:42 PM
hay what would you hunt with --hope you get to hunt

I'm leaning towards using my 35 Whelen. Whether or not the Bear tag happens, I plan on hunting Kodiak for blacktails this fall or next. Be nice if it were a combo hunt.

aaalaska
02-18-2012, 11:39 PM
Alaska has a policy in place ,to cover your situation. This should not be a problem.
Quote from the 2012-13 draw hunt supplement.Permit re-issue for deployed Military:Resident active duty military personnel deployed to a combat zone who are unable to use their drawing permit may be re-issued a permit for the same hunt the following regulatory year.Information is available by contacting the Permit Hunt Administrator,ADF&G, Division of Wildlife Conservation, 333 Raspberry RD Anchorage ,Ak 99518-1599. Phone 907-267-2246 or kurt.kamletz@alaska.gov. Forms are available at http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=huntinglicense.military permits.

Hope this helps, thanks foe doing your job.Good luck on your hunt, hope you drew a good tag.
Regards Alex

RugerFan
02-19-2012, 01:08 AM
Alaska has a policy in place ,to cover your situation. This should not be a problem.
Quote from the 2012-13 draw hunt supplement.Permit re-issue for deployed Military:Resident active duty military personnel deployed to a combat zone who are unable to use their drawing permit may be re-issued a permit for the same hunt the following regulatory year.Information is available by contacting the Permit Hunt Administrator,ADF&G, Division of Wildlife Conservation, 333 Raspberry RD Anchorage ,Ak 99518-1599. Phone 907-267-2246 or kurt.kamletz@alaska.gov. Forms are available at http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=huntinglicense.military permits.

Hope this helps, thanks foe doing your job.Good luck on your hunt, hope you drew a good tag.
Regards Alex

Ya, I saw that and have it printed out. What concerns me is the part " ...be re-issued a permit for the same hunt the following regulatory year." The tag I have is specifically "Non-resident guided only." They would have to give me the resident version I think. I will definitely be calling though.

lead chucker
02-19-2012, 02:12 AM
RugerFan
Come here to Cordova you can shoot one every year here. There is getting to be to many of them they are killing all the moose calfs around here. Not many people hunting them and the population is up. I would like to shoot one with my 44 mag rifle with a 310 gr. That would be an accomplishment. But kind of spooky. These bears are big and man they are fast.

RugerFan
02-19-2012, 03:49 AM
RugerFan
Come here to Cordova you can shoot one every year here. There is getting to be to many of them they are killing all the moose calfs around here. Not many people hunting them and the population is up. I would like to shoot one with my 44 mag rifle with a 310 gr. That would be an accomplishment. But kind of spooky. These bears are big and man they are fast.

Speaking of Cordova, I was thinking of doing one of the registration hunts for mountain goats in 6D.

lead chucker
02-19-2012, 10:37 PM
There are goats around here. A couple buddies went out and got a nice Billie but boy did they have to work for it. In the summer and fall you look at the tops of the mountains here with a spotting scope and you can see them way up there. They are safe from me that's for sure. Mountain goats shure make a nice mount.

bearcove
02-21-2012, 10:44 PM
RugerFan

Yeah Spooky! I've only felt "comfortable" with my 1895 with 400+gr heavy loads.
A 44 mag was last ditch self defense.