PDA

View Full Version : Sprue plate for RCBS 2 Cavity

Irascible
02-17-2012, 10:50 PM
I Ebayed and old RCBS mould. It's old enough to have come with handle screws that are one piece instead of the two pins and the set screws to hold them in. It also came with a thin sprue plate. Does anyone know if the sprue plate from a new 2 cavity will work and if I can order one from RCBS?

BCall
02-17-2012, 10:54 PM
Yes, when I had an older one with the thinner plate, I just called them. They asked what caliber and shipped me one out free of charge. I like the thicker plates alot better.

beagle
02-18-2012, 11:12 AM
Those handle screws weren't changed that long ago on the RCBS mould so it's not that old. I pulled out a 38-162-SWC the other day and it had the one piece attaching stuff and that mould's not that old. I've converted most of mine using pieces of straight pins and set screws. Seems to work better and is easier to attach and the pins float and don't cause abind on the mould/handle attaching and cast better./beagle

Irascible
02-29-2012, 12:26 PM
I ended up with 2 new plates! I emailed cust service and I got impatient after one day and called. The nice lady on the phone sent a sprue plate, attatching pins and the brass piece under the pivot bolt set screw. When I asked if she wanted my credit card number she retorted, "That will be no charge sir" Great Service! That evening I got an Email from cust service and the fellow said he would send me the plate at no charge.

seagiant
02-29-2012, 11:15 PM
Hi,
Once you get used to RCBS customer service.You are trouble elsewhere to companies that won't back their products!!!

Irascible
03-01-2012, 11:15 AM
uh huh, Lyman charges you for everything. RCBS, Redding, TC and Leupold are exemplary (sp?)

Hardcast416taylor
03-01-2012, 12:58 PM
Called RCBS last Wed. about getting a newer sprue plate for my .44- 240 gr. GC SWC mold. Got a new plate in yesterdays mail, no charge for it. Super service.Robert