PDA

View Full Version : No .44 LBT molds???

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot
02-17-2012, 10:47 PM
I have been watching the group by threads for awhile and have seen nothing listed for LBT.

Is there anyone building molds of the quality that Babore produced?

Thought the LBT were good and they are, but Bruce took quality up a level or two with his products.

Anyway, anyone out there make 4 cavity .44 mag. molds of quality equal to Bruce or LBT. Have a LBT 310gr LFN, and am thinking about something a tad lighter - 275gr+/-

Keep em coming!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

Lefty SRH
02-17-2012, 10:56 PM
Have you looked at Accurate Molds?

william iorg
02-19-2012, 09:27 PM
Veral Smith has a new short nose bullet which seats edep for an LBT bullet. This bullet was designed specifically for the 45 Colt but Veral is excited about its possibilities in the .44 caliber revolvers with a weight of 250-grains - the bullet can be made lighter. Veral says this will be the bullet to carry everyday for shooting small game and general field work. This bullet is not intended for deer and heavier game although he is certain it will deliver.
Veral has not added the bullet to his catalog and has not written much about it as he is waiting on field reports from users.
You might contact him for more information.
There may be prettier molds out there but none with better performance on game and better accuracy.

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot
02-19-2012, 10:00 PM
Thanks for the info guys!

I am shooting a RUGER RedHawk, 5.5" and it shoots the 310gr just fine.

However, I was thinking about something with the same profile that was just a bit lighter.

Don't really need more velocity, but will take it if it comes.

I am already getting just a touch over 1300fps with the 310gr.

Don't really need anything shorter for the RedHawk, but Veral's new bullet, - Veral doesn't like, "boolits" - might be really good in some of the lever action .44s.

When I got the 45/70 mold for my #1, back about two years ago, there was a bunch of group buys going for the LBT molds. Just haven't seen anything recently.

later,

CDOC

william iorg
02-19-2012, 10:17 PM
Veral says his new bullet is designed to feed well in all lever guns.

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot
02-19-2012, 11:12 PM
Slim,

Sounds like it should.

I shot the 310gr LBT in a marlin lever action, and it shot quite well.

However, you had to work the action s l o w l y to allow the load to function through the action.

I suspect a WFN 250gr slug would do quite well on a deer, and maybe on an elk as the velocity should be pushing 1400fps.

Likely not the penertration through reall heavy going like my 465gr 45/70, but a WFN at 1400fps should be pretty good.

Thanks,

CDOC

william iorg
02-25-2012, 12:15 PM
Well, "Saint" Francis (Sell) told us to shoot around those tree limbs if we could! [:^)]