PDA

View Full Version : A must see Movie

Ben
02-17-2012, 12:35 PM
Unbelievable what these brave men endured ! !

Chosin
2010 , 85 minutes

Some 60 years after the Korean War, U.S. veterans share their experiences on the front lines of the Chosin Reservoir Campaign, a battle in which 15,000 American soldiers fought against insurmountable odds in sub-zero temperatures behind enemy lines.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/imagehosting/4414f3f030c56be0.jpg (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=4001)

The movie can be streamed on Netflix. No actors, these men interviewed in this documentary were THERE ! !

1Shirt
02-25-2012, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the tip Ben. Will check it out. One of my DI's had frost bite bad on his legs from coming out of the Frozen Chosin with Chesty. When he was in shorts, his legs were sort of blochy red and white.
1Shirt!:coffeecom

Boz330
02-25-2012, 04:19 PM
I worked with a guy that survived Chosin. Both of his feet were frost bitten so bad that he thought that he was going to lose them. One doctor convinced the other 2 that had to make the decision to wait a little longer before amputating. There was enough improvement in that period that they didn't have to take his feet.
He was a great guy. He was my union stewart and also was the DAV Commander for OH back then. The guy who would pull up the slack when there was a job that no one else wanted to do.

Bob

Ben
02-25-2012, 04:21 PM
It is a MOVING movie. God , Flag, and Country.

Some very brave men.

jlm223
02-25-2012, 06:29 PM
Looks like a good one, will check it out, just watched Saints and Soldiers, liked it.

Fishman
02-25-2012, 11:30 PM
Netflix has it on instant view. I'll have to watch it.

looseprojectile
02-26-2012, 04:27 PM
was a Marine.
He died last week. He was eighty. He was there.
When he spoke I listened. He had my respect.
No one should have gone through what he did.
Uniform of the day was a filthy down sleeping bag. He was lucky to have that.

He will be remembered and missed.

Ben
02-26-2012, 06:47 PM
It is one thing to be in 25 below zero weather and the wind blowing 25 - 30 mph.

It is another thing to be in that weather with a 1,000 bugle blowing Chinese coming at you.

If you guys have Netflix, Netflix has it on instant view. Watch it.

Moonie
02-28-2012, 04:55 PM
I saw a vet a few weeks ago that had a bumper sticker proclaiming him to be one of the chosin few and to remember, I paid my respects and told him that all of my children know who the few are/were, I had an uncle that was there, I didn't find out until after he died.