PDA

View Full Version : XDM 45acp and cast bullets

straightarrow
02-16-2012, 09:21 PM
I cast and reload for my Glock 40 S&W and recently agreed to teach my son inlaw to reload for his Ruger P90 in 45 acp. We bought a Lee tumble lube round nose mold and reloading dies. The mold works smoother than any other I have and they are much nicer to reload than the 40. First trip to the range and the 45 caliber reloads shot well with good accuracy so now I am thinking about a 45 for myself. I like high capacity so am thinking about the Springfield XDM. Does anybody know how they shoot cast bullets?

thegreatdane
02-17-2012, 02:13 AM
Yep. It spits em right where you want em to go.

MtGun44
02-17-2012, 02:52 PM
Will not function with any kind of SWC. The extracted case is dragged HARD on the
top round in the mag. If there is a step like a SWC shoulder, it pops the extracted round
loose and jams the gun. Only RN and truncated cone with SMOOTH contours.

Bill

thegreatdane
02-17-2012, 04:58 PM
Will not function with any kind of SWC. The extracted case is dragged HARD on the
top round in the mag. If there is a step like a SWC shoulder, it pops the extracted round
loose and jams the gun. Only RN and truncated cone with SMOOTH contours.

Bill

Respectfully, I'd like to counter this claim.

Although this IS TRUE FOR THE XD .45. The XDM RUNS SWCs PERFECTLY.

I've owned both. In fact, this was the only reason I upgraded to the XDM.

MtGun44
02-17-2012, 09:43 PM
Ok, my brother has an XD .45 and what I said is definitely true about it.

Sorry if the new version is not the same.

Bill

2ndAmendmentNut
02-17-2012, 09:49 PM
The XDs are excellent polymer autos and the XD(m)s are just a slightly modified version for an even better over all gun. However give the Sigs at least a handling before committing. Both the XDs and Sigs shoot cast well.