PDA

View Full Version : Somewhat of a Surprise

KCSO
02-15-2012, 11:07 PM
Had a customer who was wild to get a P64 Radom pistol and I was unable to talk him out of it. Since I had two sold ii ordered enough to get the full discount and then since the P64 has a deserved reputation of having the worlds worst double action trigger i also ordered a bunch of Wolf springs. Long story short i got the customers happy and then tried one myself. Even with the sprnig kit the gun is no CZ double action and the sights are just about non existant, but the darn thing shoots! Groups at 20 yards are between 1.1" and 1 1/2" with either cast or Privi factory loads and the gun is dead reliable. I have to admit I was surprised and take back all the bad things i have said about the Polish wonder. With the proper tuning these seem to be a darn fine carry gun.

JohnnyFlake
02-15-2012, 11:36 PM
Many years ago, maybe 12 years or so, I had a chance to fire one. A lot of people considered it a clone of the Walther PPK, but I don't think it was or is. I don't remember it as being very accurate but I do remember it as being the only 9mm that ever hurt my hand when I shot it. Also the DA pull on it was near 20lbs or more. I have never pulled a trigger on any other gun that was as hard to pull as on that gun!