PDA

View Full Version : New CVA rifles

tom barthel
03-16-2007, 08:27 PM
Does anyone know about these switch barrel rifles? The only ones I've seen are combination guns. That is a muzzle loader and then a centerfire. Can these be had with just a centerfire barrel? I'm really thining hard about getting one of these in .308. So far, the only commentsI have heard are extremely biased. It's a foreign gun. The American made single shot switch barrel rifles are WAY out of my price range. I allready have a nef handi rifle. I'm not real pleased with it. The CVA looks very much like a TC rifle at half the price. I do know Shelen is a paid consultant in their barrel factory.

Onlymenotu
03-18-2007, 07:16 AM
Hi Tom
Sorry I can't be mutch help here * and i'm a bit suprized nobodys chimed in on it one way or the other* CVA,had/ got a pretty good bashing a few years ago when they had some barrel problems * not proofing * they're bp barrels * and i'm still not sure if they do today... but i would think that would not be a issue with a modern day cartridge as it would almost have to be proofed...

I was looking for a break action inline ml and was down to the cva wolf and the nef sidekick opted for the sidekick and never looked back loved the little gun and bought one for my dad last xmas and going to buy one for my 13 year old daughter soon

and not to be to bias I do own a Cva sidelock witch i've had for20 + years and shoot ok-desent * i hate the front sight & keep saying i'm going to change it out*

as per your handi rifle have a look at greybeards.... they have the bigest handiholics fourm around they might be able to sort it's corks out

like said sorry could be of more help

C A Plater
03-18-2007, 08:42 AM
The CVA looks very much like a TC rifle at half the price.

The MSRP for the cheapest version is just over $400. Midsouth shows a similar frame at $300 plus the barrel would cost another $230. That makes is about $530 plus for similar configured models. You can get a CVA made barrel for the Encore for even less brining the total under $500.

As for looking like a TC, a subject assessment so one can judge for one's self.

http://www.cva.com/images/elite_page_header.jpg

http://www.tcarms.com/firearms/images/silos/3609.jpg

I've seen the M/L version and was not especially impressed but then I'm not fond of Handi-rifles either. It is my opinion the Encore is a better value and worth the price difference. Being of foreign manufacturer is not an issue with me otherwise I wouldn't have so many CZ rifles.