PDA

View Full Version : BTSniper dies and a walnut hill press

Lizard333
02-14-2012, 09:12 AM
Has anyone used his dies on a walnut hill press? I'm really considering getting his 40 and 44 set of dies.

I have a 70's era RCBS, to use if I have to, I just don't know if I'm convinced yet about using a press designed for reloading, to swage bullets.

The best option would be to use the walnut press. Thanks!!

Reload3006
02-14-2012, 09:25 AM
you can use your walnut hill just like a reloading press if you need to. also Aneat has a set up to use BT and CH4D dies look at his thread on building a swaging press.

also I use my rockchucker to swage pistol bullets using Larry blackmon dies. I know that his dies would make good rifle bullets too but I use my walnut hill to make rifle. and lead pistol bullets.

u.p. north
02-14-2012, 04:00 PM
I think reload3006 meant to look in my thread for the ejector and adapters, the press I build is heavier duty than the competition and more precise. I am currently making dies so if anybody needs some shoot me a holler. Here is the link http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=129479
Thanks,
U.P. North

I am going to start offers of making 6 sets of dies of the calibers you all need. First six are on a first come first serve of money sent. Have had a few problems with people securing there orders but not many. Please any replies, reply in my thread as I don't want to hijack this one. Also I think it is time to get set up as a vendor sponsor.

scrapcan
02-14-2012, 07:25 PM
UP North is using ANeats design which is a combination of the other commercial versions to get the job done. ANeat did a great job giving the info to the community and the person who created the digital version to make his presses furthered that endeavor. So I think Reload3006 had his reply correct.

Look at either thread you will get an idea. Also you can look at the other corbin website to see what reloading adapters look like. Basically you need something to hold the punch in the ram and a bushing to hold the die in the top plate of the press. The normal operation is the other way round.

runfiverun
02-14-2012, 10:48 PM
rcbs stands for rock chuck bullet swage.....

Reload3006
02-15-2012, 10:19 AM
Sorry folks I didnt mean to offend anyone or leave anyone out Up north does have a picture on his thread. Knowing that Lizzard33 had just bought a press I didnt figure he would be in the market to buy one but he asked if he could use BTz dies on his press. No doubt he can. FYI I use pat marlins check maker on my Walnut hill to do the coining operation MUCH EASIER that walnut hill is a beast and handles it easy. My Rockchucker does ok but where I just have to push a little on the Walnut hill I have to lay on the RockChucker. Still have to cup on the Rockchucker but I will make something for my walnut hill so I can cup there too Just not enough time in a day LOL.