PDA

View Full Version : Tom/Accurate does it again!

reload68
02-13-2012, 07:32 PM
Got my 460 405M mold from Tom today after only 7 working days since I ordered it! Pay no attention to his 3 week turnaround post on his website---does he ever sleep?
Another work of art--kind of sad to use it, BUT I WILL!

Might have to call in sick to make some thumpers for my Marlin 45 70.

Thanks Tom. Anyone on the fence deciding about a mold from Accurate shouldn't be, he is top notch. Wish all American manufacturer's had his work and quality ethic, we'd all be the better for it.

David

Jailer
02-13-2012, 10:34 PM
That's the design I had Tom draw up for me a little while back. It makes some fantastic boolits. I got mine in 4 cavity.

Make sure you pre heat your mold. It takes a bit for the sprue plate to catch up to those big cavities. A mold oven would be good for pre heating this one.

gandydancer
02-13-2012, 10:46 PM
did I see on here where someone made a mold oven from a tin can?? GD

Bill*
02-14-2012, 08:59 PM
Got my 460 405M mold from Tom today after only 7 working days since I ordered it! Pay no attention to his 3 week turnaround post on his website---does he ever sleep?
Another work of art--kind of sad to use it, BUT I WILL!

Might have to call in sick to make some thumpers for my Marlin 45 70.

Thanks Tom. Anyone on the fence deciding about a mold from Accurate shouldn't be, he is top notch. Wish all American manufacturer's had his work and quality ethic, we'd all be the better for it.

David

Now everyone will expect it :shock: :rolleyes:

Moonie
02-15-2012, 12:48 AM
I ordered a .311 245gr mold Monday of last week, cast up a bunch of them today, beautiful mold, great boolits.

Tom is awesome.

41 mag fan
02-15-2012, 10:26 AM
did I see on here where someone made a mold oven from a tin can?? GD

Hey thats a good idea!!
Sparked that little wire in my brain. I could get a big tin can of green beans from the store and make me an oven.

Jailer
02-15-2012, 08:09 PM
I've been thinking I might pick up an old pan at a garage sale and put a cutout in it for a mold oven. That way it would have a handle to lift it off the hot plate if needed.

dnotarianni
02-15-2012, 08:16 PM
I've been thinking I might pick up an old pan at a garage sale and put a cutout in it for a mold oven. That way it would have a handle to lift it off the hot plate if needed.

Why not grab a cheep lee pot from ebay for short money and use that for an oven?
You even get temp control!
Dave

reload68
02-15-2012, 08:31 PM
Well the mold is now used! Got a lesson in dropping heavy boolits too! Think i need to add some lead to my WW and turn the temp down. After I cooled the mix down I got some bootiful boolits. Can't wait to size and load these thumpers up and send them down range!!!
Is this a great hobby or what?

sig2009
02-15-2012, 08:47 PM
Wish Accurate would sell the common molds for 9mm,40 and 45. I have no use for these less popular molds.

Moonie
02-15-2012, 10:32 PM
He will add about anything you want, call him.

Jailer
02-15-2012, 10:53 PM
Why not grab a cheep lee pot from ebay for short money and use that for an oven?
You even get temp control!
Dave

Because I've already got a hot plate that I use for pre heating my molds. This would just be a cover for it. Cover with a handle anyway.

He will add about anything you want, call him.

You mean email him. He says right on his site he doesn't much care for talking on the phone.

sig2009, shoot him an email with what you want and I'm sure he can make it happen if it's within the limits of his tooling.

MikeS
02-16-2012, 08:15 AM
Tom does good work, and fast too! I ordered a 4 cavity brass mould of his 45-250A design on the 8th, of this month, and it was waiting at my front door on the 14th! Rather than show you the mould, here's a couple of pictures of the boolits it makes:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/33510159/IMG_0138.jpg
In about an hour I had made a pile of 350 boolits

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/33510159/IMG_0139.jpg
And here's a closeup, one as cast, the other sized & lubed and ready to load.

What more can you ask of a mould? One really nice thing about buying an Accurate Mold is that unlike the group buys here, there's no long wait for the mould, and if you want it to cast a boolit to be sized to .449 or .456, or whatever, you can get it, you're not limited to what's being offered in the GB!