PDA

View Full Version : eagle Gunfighter grips and a Mernickle Rig on the way!

makicjf
02-13-2012, 01:27 PM
Man, I'm stoked. After some good advice from this site, I ordered and installed a pair of eagle grips on my little blackhawk: I love em. I even shot a some 315 grain boomer loads (1250+ fps) with them and they work great. I also just ordered the ps6sa systemand the concelaed carry outfitters vest . Life is Good.
sorry about the pointless post but I had to brag to somebody. ya'll got drafted! ; )
Jason

Rick R
02-13-2012, 01:43 PM
I ordered a PS6SA and a set of six loops for my 4 5/8" SBH. They quoted me six to eight weeks for delivery. It came in just under four weeks and it's a great holster.
Well made and makes a big revolver disappear like it was a 2" .38Spl.

Mernickle is going to get my holster business from now on.

:drinks: :drinks: :drinks:

JohnnyFlake
02-14-2012, 10:37 PM
Man, I'm stoked. After some good advice from this site, I ordered and installed a pair of eagle grips on my little blackhawk: I love em. I even shot a some 315 grain boomer loads (1250+ fps) with them and they work great. I also just ordered the ps6sa systemand the concelaed carry outfitters vest . Life is Good.
sorry about the pointless post but I had to brag to somebody. ya'll got drafted! ; )
Jason

We need a picture brother!

raisinriverron
02-15-2012, 04:17 AM
The PS6SA Is a great holster. I have one for my .357 flattops. My new .45 colt/.45acp flattops won't fit due to the taller front sight. Darn, have to order another Mernickle holster. The PS6SA is very comfortable, secure, but fast after being broken in. I use the PS2BL for daily carry, but the PS6SA is my roadtrip holster. Worn crossdraw, it' still pretty comfortable at the end of a long day driving. That can't be said for an IWB holster worn behind the hip.
Don't forget to get a matching belt from Mernickle, their Ranger belt is awful sharp, got a lot of compliments on it, even from non-gun people.

raisinriverron
02-15-2012, 04:21 AM
Forgot to ask, did you get checkered or smooth Eagle Gunfighters?

makicjf
02-15-2012, 10:58 AM
as soon as it get here (and I figure out how) I'll post some pictures. I got the smooth gunfighters, but I think when I get my next 4 5/8 BH I'm going to buy a pair of textured and put the smooth on my 7 1/2 inch hunting bh.
Can"t wait til they get here!
Jason

raisinriverron
02-20-2012, 08:46 PM
I've got checkered Gunfighters on my Vaquero's, Blackhawks, and my Single-Six. My .357 Flattops have factory "cheesegraters", and my new .45colt/.45acp Flattops come with smooth Gunfighters. Out of all, I like the checkered Gunfighters best.

W.R.Buchanan
02-22-2012, 06:41 PM
Mine is a FC1 as I wanted a little more coverage and the option of strong side or cross draw. It will take either my SBH or BH Bisleys.

I got one of their belts too which is the thickest belt I have ever owned, and with the holster on it is rock solid on the draw.

I am completely sold on Mernickle products.[smilie=w:

Randy

makicjf
03-07-2012, 11:09 AM
The rig came: tight and solid. It concealed the little ruger under a normal lenght lightweight work shirt. Love it. I'll be getting a mernickle for my officer size 1911 as well.

W.R.Buchanan
03-07-2012, 07:42 PM
Nice work huh? I was pretty happy when I opened the box with my Mernickle stuff in it.

You are probably jumping up and down too.

Whats really cool about Mernickle holsters is they are so good and yet not that expensive. Mine was $79.95 and the belt was $69.95. You can't hardly beat that, and you can certainly pay more and get less.

Mernickle is definately the good stuff.

Randy

ClemY
03-08-2012, 05:58 AM
I have been using the Gunfighter grips for a few years now. The smooth grips are really nice for guns where I will be shooting heavy loads. For guns with light loads, like my CAS guns, I use the checkered grips to keep the gun anchored in my hand. The checkered grips would be pretty nasty for heavy recoil.

makicjf
03-08-2012, 10:46 AM
My plan is to buy a checkered pair for this ruger and put the smooth grips on the 7 1/2 hunting BH. The slick gunfighters anchor pretty well with a pinky under hold; its good to know the checkered grips work even better.
thanks,
Jason