PDA

View Full Version : New to me revolver

Curly James
02-12-2012, 12:26 PM
I have been looking for a woods walking gun that wouldn't weigh me down, could be easily concealed if needed, and was powerful enough for any issues in the NE Ga mountains I prowl around. I think I have found it. I initially wanted the gun for my daughter as a graduation present, however, I have been informed by a knowing wife that the daughter would prefer another present.

So, woohoo, I get to keep this little jewel for myself. A Ruger single six in .32 H&R magnum, two sets of grips, 300 rounds of Ga Arms ammo, another 300 lead bullets, and over 300 rounds of brass. It has an action job and free spin pawl installed. Lightweight and hopefully accurate, I have high hopes for this little girl.

I already load and cast for my daughter's SP101 in .32 H&R so we now have a ready supply of brass and I am now on the lookout for a slightly heavier mold than the Lee we are using now. Suggestions are welcome but I am considering the RCBS 100 grain mold.
4 grains of Unique or WW231 behind a 90 to 100 grain boolit has worked very well for us so far. For more serious work I have an ample supply of Hornady 100 grain JHPs and Lil Gun powder.