PDA

View Full Version : Mould Handle Interchangability ?

gwpercle
02-08-2012, 07:32 PM
Will the handles from a 1988 era double cavity Lyman mould interchange / be used on a new RCBS double cavity mould block ... or will I have to buy both a new RCBS double cavity mould and new RCBS handles to go with it ?

I'm speaking of double cavity pistol moulds. I have a Lyman 2 cav. in 41 mag. and would like to get another...but Lyman no longer stocks any 41 mag. moulds. RCBS does and It would help if I could use the Lyman handles on the RCBS blocks.

Us in the residential construction industry are still in a depression down here and we don,t get no bailout... so money is very limited.

THANKS.....gary

Reload3006
02-08-2012, 07:33 PM
with out mods RCBS Molds need RCBS handles.

canyon-ghost
02-08-2012, 07:38 PM
Lyman and RCBS don't interchange.

Norbrat
02-08-2012, 07:52 PM
Being a function over form bloke, I just grind to fit.

Lee handles are reasonable inexpensive and can be ground to fit.

gwpercle
02-09-2012, 11:03 AM
Thanks to the answer to my question about mould handles...again you all amaze me.

Special thanks to NORBRAT.... went to Lee Factory Sales site and can get 6 cav. handles for $ 11.48, thats in budget. It also stated the handles fit " Lee 6 cavity and most other brands of single and double cavity moulds " and I got a grinder and dremel tool so I should be able to make any adjustments to make it fit.... GREAT TIP... thanks gary