PDA

View Full Version : Rooster Red Lube

BBarrett
02-07-2012, 09:13 AM
Has anyone ever tried the Rooster Red hard lube? how does it compare with LBT?:p

fryboy
02-07-2012, 09:36 PM
i like it myself but as for comparing ... compare it with the hard LBT or the soft ? lolz , there's a lil history in there you should be aware of tho , a few years back they stopped selling their HVR ( high velocity rifle ) and only retained the red zambini , this year it seems that they quit selling the red zambini so ... if you find some now you may not be able to later ( it kind of bites IMHO ...yeah that's how much i liked it and the price was better by way as well ) the loss of the HVR is why i started getting serious about making my own lubes
btw ? the LBT hard is a decent lube as is the zambini , in my humble opinion the HVR was hard for me to tell the difference in performance , i havent tried it straight up against the plain zambini however

BBarrett
02-08-2012, 10:04 AM
I had bought up several of the HVR a few yrs. back and this is what I had been using. Glad to hear it is good.

bobthenailer
02-08-2012, 11:16 AM
Red rooster zambine was the first hard lube i ever tried over 25 years ago it worked ok but IMO was the poorest preformer of the other HARD LUBES ive tried ! such as Thompson , LBT commercial , true flight , magnma , & carnuba red commercial

Shiloh
02-08-2012, 09:01 PM
Haven't seen it in a while. I remember Rooster Red, Blue Angel, and Orange Magic.
Those were the lubes available when I first saw folks casting boolits.
There was Javalina 50/50 as well.

I used an NRA formula in bulk sticks. Once I heard about Larsen's White Label Lube's, I never
looked back

JIMinPHX
02-09-2012, 02:57 AM
I had great results with one of the hard red lubes from Rooster. I think that it was HVR, but I don't remember for sure. Then I could not get it any more. I've since switched to Carnuba Red from White Label (Lars). My results with that are pretty darn close & the price is pretty darn different. If I did find the Rooster again, I would probably not switch back.