PDA

View Full Version : Lachmiller Shellsaver/resizer deprimer!

seagiant
02-06-2012, 06:35 PM
Hi,
I finally got one of these in good condition and after a little clean up and oiling seems to work well. I was wondering if anyone had the "official" users manual???

Pressman
02-06-2012, 08:17 PM
NO
Ken

seagiant
02-06-2012, 10:19 PM
Hi Pressman,
That's bad news! You were the wild card up my sleeve![smilie=1:

Wayne Smith
02-07-2012, 12:44 PM
What is the relative size? I was under the impression those were to size shotgun brass bases?

seagiant
02-07-2012, 01:21 PM
Hi Wayne,
You are correct,it resizes the brass to spec and the Lachmiller also conforms the rim and deprimes. Although over 50 years old I consider it the best resizer out there! Oh yea,mine is for 12ga. shells.

Janoosh
02-07-2012, 05:16 PM
I have one of those and I betcha a good machinist could make push thru Boolit sizers for them. Nice small unit, compact, Boolit sizer. All that is needed is an adapter to hold either Lee or Lyman/Rcbs sizers and a ram!

Pressman
02-08-2012, 07:49 PM
Redding turned it into a reloading press. It was their only press from the late 1950s till mid 60s.
Ken

xzqzq
05-15-2014, 07:47 AM
I wanted to get a press to resize shot shell brass in 12, 16, & .410. From what I can see, a Lachmiller resizer / deprimer will do me just fine. Can I buy one press, with different dies ? Thanks, George

seagiant
05-15-2014, 12:56 PM
Hi,
I saw one with the 12 and 20 ga. dies for sale one time! You will probably have more luck solving "world peace" before finding one with all the different dies in one bunch!!! Buenos Serta Amigo!

W.R.Buchanan
05-16-2014, 04:38 PM
The Lachmiller Shotshell Sizer was bought up by RCBS and manufactured by them for a while, however they are no longer made. I know they were made in 12 and 20 ga. but not sure about 16 ga. as I have never seen the dies or that ga.

I am sure that they didn't do .410's since I would have one if they did.

Huntington's Die Specialties has some parts including the collets which are the most damaged parts.

There are three differences between the 12 and 20 ga. versions. The collet is the first and most obvious. The second is the sizing ring which simply has a smaller hole in it. And the third is the diameter of the pilot on the decapping stem.

The other part that needs to be replaced is the ejector spring. They have those in stock and it makes all the difference in the world if the tool doesn't eject the sized hull everytime. Even new collet won't pull the hull out of the sizing die. The spring must eject it.

This is accompanied with a satisfying "Thwack" when the hull comes out. sounds like when you win a free game on a pinball machine.

Anyway contact Huntington's Die Specialties for parts.

These are excellent tools for people who shoot a lot of shotshells as they allow you to size and deprime in one swipe then you can go about cleaning your hulls and then load directly into your progressive loader.

On loaders like Pacific DL366's you have to move the hull from the Sizing/Decapping station to the carousel as part of doing a complete reloading cycle.

If you use the Lachmiller tool then you load sized and deprimed hulls directly into the carousel which greatly decreases your workload.

Randy

seagiant
05-16-2014, 04:58 PM
On loaders like Pacific DL366's you have to move the hull from the Sizing/Decapping station to the carousel as part of doing a complete reloading cycle.

If you use the Lachmiller tool then you load sized and deprimed hulls directly into the carousel which greatly decreases your workload.

Randy

Hi,
Yep! +1!